PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Fast Food Joint

Cruella DeVilla
11-07-2004, 23:21
What is everyones favourte fastfood place?

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
11-07-2004, 23:25
There is no option for "none". Being a veggie you would not get me near any of these places [msnsad]

george
11-07-2004, 23:29
They do veggie options but not being a veggie what restaurants do you use when you venture out? Do you eat sea food?

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
11-07-2004, 23:35
They do do veggie options but the places smell really strongly of meat (yuck) and the veggie options are cooked on the same areas as the meat ones so I would not eat them.

We're veggies so do not eat sea food either. Our usual haunts would be Chefs De France (Epcot), Olive Garden, Chevys, Chilis, Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge). [msnsmile2]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by george
They do veggie options but not being a veggie what restaurants do you use when you venture out? Do you eat sea food?
[/quote]

amy
12-07-2004, 00:55
I gone for other, and the vote is for CHECKERS at Old Town, you cant beat their burgers and chili chese fries all washed down with a large milkshake.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

george
12-07-2004, 00:58
That is a great choice.<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by amy
I gone for other, and the vote is for CHECKERS at Old Town, you cant beat their burgers and chili chese fries all washed down with a large milkshake.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
[/quote]

Jules
12-07-2004, 00:59
John have you ever tried Sweet Tomatoes we really like the choice they have there, the bakery is great. Our daughter became vegan for about a year which was a nightmare when eating out in Orlando. In most places we used to say that she didn't eat fish or meat and was allergic to dairy products to make sure that whatever was offered was suitable, but sweet tomatoes understood what a vegan was and pointed out all the items on their buffet that were suitable. That was the only place that she really had any reasonable choice, she would have eaten there everyday if we'd let her.

george
12-07-2004, 01:10
John ( and other Veggies ).There is a restaurant on I Drive called Cafe Tu-Tu Tango which is a tapas style restaurant which has a good selection of Veggie dishes.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
12-07-2004, 02:40
We keep meaning to try it but never quite make the trip to I-Drive. Maybe next time we are out we will [msnsmile2].

Sounds wonderful!
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Jules
John have you ever tried Sweet Tomatoes we really like the choice they have there, the bakery is great. Our daughter became vegan for about a year which was a nightmare when eating out in Orlando. In most places we used to say that she didn't eat fish or meat and was allergic to dairy products to make sure that whatever was offered was suitable, but sweet tomatoes understood what a vegan was and pointed out all the items on their buffet that were suitable. That was the only place that she really had any reasonable choice, she would have eaten there everyday if we'd let her.
[/quote]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
12-07-2004, 02:41
Another one we keep meaning to try and it looks really nice.
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by george
John ( and other Veggies ).There is a restaurant on I Drive called Cafe Tu-Tu Tango which is a tapas style restarant which has a good selection of Veggie dishes.
[/quote]

sarahjk
12-07-2004, 13:54
Sorry have to do it voted for other because hmmm most of you can probably guess if you have read any of my other postings on this topic before

I will give you a chance to guess before I post[msnwink]

Sarah

mikewj
12-07-2004, 19:31
John/Sarah,

We found that Romano's Macaroni Grill on 192 (By Wild Bills) has a lot of veggie stuff.

Its so good, Sue has moved Olive Garden down to number 2 on her list of favourite restaurants.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
12-07-2004, 19:58
We've tried to get in there a few times and it is always so busy we never have time to wait (hungry children). We have promised ourselves to go very early one day when we are out at Christmas as it looks lovely.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mikewj
John/Sarah,

We found that Romano's Macaroni Grill on 192 (By Wild Bills) has a lot of veggie stuff.

Its so good, Sue has moved Olive Garden down to number 2 on her list of favourite restaurants.
[/quote]

Southsider
20-07-2004, 00:53
Dnny's Fast Food?? I dont think so!! we waited over an hour for our food there once.

Carla
20-07-2004, 04:19
John you'll love Sweet Tomatoes. I'm not veggie but love their selection of foods and the first couple of times that we ate there I didn't even realise that they didn't serve meat!!

Cafe Tu Tu Tangos is wonderful. I love all of the dishes. A wonderful selection for veggies too, as George said. I've been a few times now and you just order a few dishes and if you want more then you order again, and so on until you've had enough. I also love wandering around and seeing the artwork which is for sale. A friend had her cards read by the resident Tarot reader which was fun. The artists are often there "being creative" and you can chat with them too. Very popular with the locals which says a great deal in my book.:D:D:D

Tyreabusa
29-07-2004, 20:45
If any of you guys get near Clearwater/ Largo go to Steak and Shake. I promise you this is a place that will never be beaten for shakes, malts, burgers and melts. The shakes are just the best in the States and believ em, I've tried some !!

Ray&Sarah
29-07-2004, 21:17
We voted for Subway as we love their sandwiches. One has just opened in Gloucester and we treated ourselves to one last Saturday and it tasted just like the ones we have in Florida.[msnsmile2]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
29-07-2004, 21:43
Sounds great Carla - we always travel to Orlando with all good intentions of trying these places but never seem to find the time to go. I'm going to try and make sure we make the effort when we are over at Christmas as we are missing a treat here [msnsmile2]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Carla
John you'll love Sweet Tomatoes. I'm not veggie but love their selection of foods and the first couple of times that we ate there I didn't even realise that they didn't serve meat!!

Cafe Tu Tu Tangos is wonderful. I love all of the dishes. A wonderful selection for veggies too, as George said. I've been a few times now and you just order a few dishes and if you want more then you order again, and so on until you've had enough. I also love wandering around and seeing the artwork which is for sale. A friend had her cards read by the resident Tarot reader which was fun. The artists are often there "being creative" and you can chat with them too. Very popular with the locals which says a great deal in my book.:D:D:D
[/quote]

CarolAnn
17-08-2004, 18:37
Had to vote for Subway:)I adore them:):DOne has just opened in Bedford. Yippee:DMind you, silly me would still rather go to one states side[?]Why is that, I wonder[?][msncool]

anna maria freak
17-08-2004, 19:25
Must be other, Pappa Johns pizza gets my vote :):)[msntongue]

Lorraine

tony2000
29-08-2010, 15:03
Subway every time home or away
Tracy