PDA

View Full Version : automatic sign out

Rhosyn
10-07-2004, 19:40
i have just installed firewall on my PC. Just logged on to the forum with my user name and password everytime I click on a link I automatically sign out and cannot access some threads any ideas.
Beryl

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
10-07-2004, 19:57
Your firewall must be blocking the forum cookies. You need to let the forum store cookies on your PC otherwise you will continue to have these problems.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Beryl
i have just installed firewall on my PC. Just logged on to the forum with my user name and password everytime I click on a link I automatically sign out and cannot access some threads any ideas.
Beryl
[/quote]

alan360
10-07-2004, 20:01
Beryl,

have you installed a software or hardware firewall ?. I am no expert as there are so many firewalls available, but they most always need some kind of configuration, usually needing to trust/allow some sites that use asp's scripts etc. Some of these site's use different ports to exchange data with your puter not the usual HTTP ports, or the firewall routes data out on a different port, it all starts getting a bit confusing from there.

I know it's a last resort for most people, but try reading all the gumpf that came with the firewall and if necessary visit their web site for more info FAQ's etc. It may well be that you have to do a bit of trial and error config until you get it right.

Hope you get it sorted.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
10-07-2004, 20:08
I don't think you will find any sites that do not use the normal HTTP port as it would be a massive security issue for most users. I know I would block these kind of things.

The only other port would be on a site that uses SSL secure pages - it would then need the SSL ports open on the firewall. I would expect this to be a standard setting in any major firewall.

I'll end the techie talk there [msnsmile].

Beryl - all you need to do is allow cookies from the forum through your firewall and the problem will be fixed.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mad_al_uk
Beryl,

have you installed a software or hardware firewall ?. I am no expert as there are so many firewalls available, but they most always need some kind of configuration, usually needing to trust/allow some sites that use asp's scripts etc. Some of these site's use different ports to exchange data with your puter not the usual HTTP ports, or the firewall routes data out on a different port, it all starts getting a bit confusing from there.

I know it's a last resort for most people, but try reading all the gumpf that came with the firewall and if necessary visit their web site for more info FAQ's etc. It may well be that you have to do a bit of trial and error config until you get it right.

Hope you get it sorted.
[/quote]

chrizzy100
10-07-2004, 20:52
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Beryl
Beryl
[/quote]

What firewall do you have Beryl.....??

I've been asked for my network password over the last few days on some of the topics......I just close it down.....and it seems ok.......

Rhosyn
11-07-2004, 10:46
Thanks guys back to normal. Here we go.
Beryl