PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

mattandfi
10-07-2004, 02:58
Hello, just a quick introductory post!

We're getting married and have just booked our honeymoon in Kissimmee, Florida for 2 weeks in November this year and can't wait!! We're keen to find out more about the area and what we can do to explore, - and we're sure that 2 weeks won't be long enough!!

This forum looks great - really informative and helpful

Anyway, we look forward to getting to know you all [msnsmile2]

Matt and Fiona

chrisj
10-07-2004, 03:06
Hi Matt and Fiona

Welcome and please ask away, we are all here to help as much as we can

benfilo
10-07-2004, 03:54
hi Matt and Fiona, welcome, you're right about 2 weeks not being enough. but it is a start and I'm sure you'll return. congratulations and all the best with the wedding.

benfilo

LesleyB
10-07-2004, 12:54
Hi Matt and Fiona

We have honeymooners in our villa in September and I know top of their list of places to go is Discovery Cove, swimming with the Dolphins (they have also booked a convertible). It's one time when you can treat yourselves without a guilty conscience.

Have fun.

Lesley

Ray&Sarah
10-07-2004, 12:55
Hi Matt and Fiona, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your up coming wedding. You will have a fantastic time in Florida and no doubt will go back many times.:D

mattandfi
10-07-2004, 13:50
Thank you for your lovely welcome :D

We really can't wait to get there - and I'm sure we'll end up wanting to return year after year once we get back home!!

LesleyB - that sounds fantastic, swimming with the dolphins would be an amazing experience.[^] Thanks for the idea - I'd love that, not too sure about Matt though, as he's not a big fan of swimming! [msnembarrased]

E. Cosgrove
10-07-2004, 20:51
You're right Matt and Fi, 2 weeks won't be long enough[msnsad]
Never mind you'll have the rest of your lives together to keep going back[msnsmile2]
Best wishes for your wedding, I hope you have a wonderful day and a fantastic honeymoon [msnwink]
Liz

jolliffee
10-07-2004, 21:42
Hello Matt & Fiona.
We wish all the best for your future; what a start going to Florida! You are right 2 weeks is not enough but that’s the great thing about the area; wouldn’t it be just so boring if you covered it all in a couple of days, what would you do with your time?[msnwink]
Dave.

mattandfi
11-07-2004, 05:32
Hi

Its not so much I dont like swimming as the fact I do depth's as opposed to lengths

Plus far too many horror films set in the sea and holiday locations

A fantastic site though - I cannot wait to see IOA and I'm scared of heights aswell :-)

Tracy
11-07-2004, 23:24
Hi Matt and Fi
You will have a great honeymoon - we married in Orlando, then obviously staryed for our honeymoon, it was very memorable. My brother get's married in September and they are going across for there honeymoon. Congratualtions and best wishes to you both.

mattandfi
14-07-2004, 20:40
Thanks for the welcome Tracy, and best wishes for your brother's wedding!

KarenScott
14-07-2004, 21:27
Hi Matt and Fi
We went to Orlando for our honeymoon in 92 - had a fab time and have obviously been back since, now with children:D.
Only thing I would say would be to get rest days too (which as you are on honeymoon goes without saying) as no doubt leading up to any wedding can be stressful and it can be exhausting trying to do all that Orlando and Florida offer in two weeks!!!
They do some fab headgear in Disney specifically for bride and groom which look fun!
Best of luck.
Regards
Karen & Simon

stabard
15-07-2004, 13:46
Hi Matt and Fi

WE too honeymooned in Florida back in 1990. We drove all over the state and had a great time. I am sure you will too and will be coming back again!

CarolAnn
15-07-2004, 18:35
Hi Matt & Fiona!

I have just realised I too Honeymooned in Florida:D[8D]I think it was because it was a second wedding for both[msnembarrased] and we had 2 children with us[msnwink]But, it was fab all the same:)By the way we are hoping to take our 12 year old to swim with the dolphins next time, and I will be doing the videoing, so there you go, a Job for Matt while you have a go! Plus there are apparently loads of other things to do in Discovery Cove, the Dolphin swim is actually a small part! I have just spoke to a friend who took his sadly disabled son to Florida a few weeks ago, and his highlight was a helicoptor ride over Disney!!!
One thing is for sure, whether you want to just chill or be in the go, Florida is the right place to go!! Have a great time :):D[8D][msncool]

daxon
16-07-2004, 00:11
Just a quick hint for those going to Discovery Cove.
It was very hot when we went & I was partially in a wheelchair at the time.
We were very lucky that they offered us the space under a large awning usually reserved for large parties/weddings etc.
I would really recommend that if you were to go with anyone with restricted mobility or health problems that you rang ahead to see if this spot is available. It meant that I could sleep in peace while all the family enjoyed themselves.
p.s I did wake up to swim with the Dolphins [msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]