clare
08-09-2002, 19:22
Can anybody recommend anywhere good for christmas dinner
we have 3 young children
Clare
Sunset Lakes

denisemahy
08-09-2002, 20:32
I remember that quite a few years ago we had Christmas lunch in the castle in Magic Kingdom. We were a party of 5 with 2 young children. We arrived at the park early in the morning and went straight to the castle and booked a table. It made a very special Christmas Day. As this was quite a few years ago, and our first time to Florida, I would recommend making further enquiries if you are interested just in case things have changed but we all remember it as a lovely experience.

fiona
08-09-2002, 21:56
Welcome to OV Clare.

I would think the castle would be wonderful, or you could try the Crystal Palace. As you know Pippa is a Winnie the Pooh fiend and I can't tell you how many times we had to eat there. I would think it would be magical at either place for the children.

We will be out at Christmas for 2003 and we intend to go to one of the big hotels, perhaps the Floridian, or the Gaylord or what was the Stouffer (and I can't remember it's new name!).

Fiona

imported_n/a
12-09-2002, 15:27
We went to TGI Fridays on Christmas Day but sorry no Christmas Fayre available only their usual menu.

Kids entertainers there such as balloon modellers and clowns and the atmosphere was great but if you want a traditional Christmas, I am sure the hotels are probably the best place to start - their websites may have Christmas menu on by now or always email them to ask.

Good Luck, and let us know how you get on.

ER
15-10-2003, 23:28
Fiona,

Do you know if there is anything special on at the Floridian on Christmas Day?

overt
17-12-2003, 15:19
Hi

We have gone to the Marriott World Centre for Lunch 4 times now for Christmas lunch and will be there again this year. You can pre-book now if you wish.

It is a buffet style but there is so much choice for Adults and Children alike. Food ranges from Salads, Hot Roasts, Omelettes and Pasta's and the chefs are second to none. Great atmosphere too

It only costs around $28.00 for Adults including sparkling Chardonnay and free juice for the kids.

We wouldnt go anyway else.

Beats Christmas dinner in the UK anytime.

florida4sun
17-12-2003, 17:13
It is abit late top book for the GF. am trying to get into Citricos, the rervations center is full but I hope to have more luck with the dining club.

quote:Originally posted by ER

Fiona,

Do you know if there is anything special on at the Floridian on Christmas Day?

esprit
17-12-2003, 19:04
I heard the Rennaissance only had space at the 11.30 sitting and that was a couple of days back. The Celebration Hotel is still advertising. That doesnt look particularly child friendly as such but there is loads going on in Celebration for the kids for afterwards ( snowfall, little train, carriage rides, Santa etc)