PDA

View Full Version : Polls ? A good thing ?

Rich-n-Ang
09-07-2004, 16:52
Are the Polls a good thing for the forum ?

amy
09-07-2004, 17:29
Polls, they have there place but I think they need a section of there own, instead of cluttering up the discussion treads.:(

Rich-n-Ang
09-07-2004, 17:36
Amy - Thats what I was thinking too, if there was a seperate section people can take them or leave them.

chrizzy100
09-07-2004, 17:37
I think they could be useful asking guests what they'd like to see in a home......or what makes them rent one home over another....without the problems that could come up when questions like that are asked....

Like.....do you want a spa or stand alone hot tub.... a PC......size of villa..... number of bedrooms.....bathrooms.....club house...tennis courts...etc....

rosie
09-07-2004, 19:15
I think you have a point there chrizzy, wait for it now ......

Personally if I see a poll I feel compelled to vote in it, its like a magnet. I'm the one who always stops in the street to answer the market research questions LOL :D

chrizzy100
09-07-2004, 19:36
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by rosieuk
I think you have a point there chrizzy, wait for it now ......

Personally if I see a poll I feel compelled to vote in it, its like a magnet. I'm the one who always stops in the street to answer the market research questions LOL :D
[/quote]

Well sometimes a topic can get a bit over heated.....a poll could cut that down.....because no-one knows who voted for what.......and people could get great feed back on what guests are looking for......:D

jolliffee
09-07-2004, 20:33
Well I like them,they add a distraction; not that I need another. Dave

tezz7628
10-07-2004, 01:16
a poll about polls

i wondered how long that would take :D :D :D

can someone tell me the exact time and day they started so i can post it for posterity sake

i voted for their own forum by the way

chrisj
10-07-2004, 01:24
They are good, but when you logon and see nothing but polls, its like election time and
I switch off :D

Ray&Sarah
10-07-2004, 02:11
Have to agree with you there Chrisj, polls have there place but maybe an area on their own would be good.:)

george
10-07-2004, 02:30
Florida and voting don't seem to mix[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]
I think they should be in a section of there own.
There are 3 people who said they never vote, but they just did by saying they didn't !!

amy
10-07-2004, 03:09
voting certainlty mixed up Florida and it has done the same to this forum,please admin staff find these voters a place of there own.

chrisj
10-07-2004, 03:12
I know some great jokes about the votes, but perhaps another time and place :)

LesleyB
10-07-2004, 11:05
I always want to vote in more than one section of the polls, nothing is ever that straightforward.

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure [msnwink]

Lesley

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
10-07-2004, 13:29
Ok - we are watching this thread with interest. I can see two sides to the thing and am waiting a bit longer to see if the initial use of the polls because they are new slows off a bit (I suspect it will).

Calamity Jane
10-07-2004, 18:14
The problem is that once someone sets a poll up then others jump on the band wagon and you get umpteen polls all running at once when in essence the questions are all being asked as general questions which is better because everyones opinions are aired.
Polls are OK but in a minority situation not every other thread, it just gets boring after a while and repetative...Sorry that's my personal opinion ( poll) :D:D:D

Ray&Sarah
10-07-2004, 20:31
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by george
Florida and voting don't seem to mix[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]
I think they should be in a section of there own.
There are 3 people who said they never vote, but they just did by saying they didn't !!
[/quote]

LOL George, very good!!!:D[msnwink]:D

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
10-07-2004, 20:48
Ok - so a seperate section of the forums seems a good idea. How about if we do that and allow polls in the Owners and Advertisers Area and just a special public facing area for polls?

george
10-07-2004, 20:54
That seems a good solution John:D

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
10-07-2004, 21:56
I've just created a new Polls section under the Guests Area. I'll add the code to stop people posting polls to other areas of the forum on Monday when I have more time. In the meantime if anyone wants to add a new poll, can they now do it in the new area.

tezz7628
11-07-2004, 12:49
am looking through your back issues at the moment

there is a lot of information there, and a good deal of banter between the members

a poll would give a clearer view and then you can still have a good time reading the articles at your leisure (leezure in u s :))

why should the politicians spoil what is a bit of fun