PDA

View Full Version : What car would you rather have?

andreah
08-07-2004, 19:50
What would be your favourite choice of car type?

andreah
08-07-2004, 20:02
I thought that might be the case![8D]

Andrea

Nostromo
08-07-2004, 23:18
AC Schmacey! My wife just bought a Saab 9-3 Convertible and we are having great fun with the top off whenever possible. But in the UK we are restricted by the short summer, bad weather etc :(. Imagine how it would be in sunny Florida! The wind should cool you down while driving.

I once rode in a friend's convertible along California's 101 Highway. It was a great experience.

Angua
09-07-2004, 01:17
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
AC Schmacey! My wife just bought a Saab 9-3 Convertible and we are having great fun with the top off whenever possible. But in the UK we are restricted by the short summer, bad weather etc :(. Imagine how it would be in sunny Florida! The wind should cool you down while driving.

I once rode in a friend's convertible along California's 101 Highway. It was a great experience.
[/quote]

We too enjoying having the top down in the UK Summer/Winter. The only thing that stops us is rain. You should see me with my floor length coat wrapped around me, heated seats on full blast and icicles still dripping off my nose!! I really love my Hubbie!![:X]

...but have you ever sat in a traffic jam in the city on the hottest UK day. Times that by 10 (est) and you've got driving around Orlando with the top down. I'd agree it's great for driving holidays and Highways but if we're intending to be in a heavily populated area with stop/start traffic, we go for the hardtop everytime.

chrizzy100
09-07-2004, 01:32
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo

[/quote]

My friends lived in FL most of her life.......and she would never have a convertible there.....CA seems fine for one.....but its a lot hotter in FL...

hamish
09-07-2004, 03:23
Got to be air con, everytime.!!

Nostromo
09-07-2004, 11:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:
My friends lived in FL most of her life.......and she would never have a convertible there.....CA seems fine for one.....but its a lot hotter in FL...
[/quote]

Sure. But we are from India, where it gets [i]really hot - and not just in summer! So, the Florida heat does not affect us much. Having lived in the UK for 20 years, we like to use every opportunity to soak-up the sun.:)

BarryR
09-07-2004, 14:09
Last time we were there in October we hired a convertable, Ford Mustang, but had the air conditioning blowing on us it was great, yes that is not economical and affects fuel consumption - but hey, on holiday and the petrol (sorry gas, for American readers!) was cheap.

So I want to vote for an air conditioned convertable !

Barry

neilr
09-07-2004, 14:58
Did the convertable car thing earlier this year and although it was nice I must admit that unless your on a long journey it was a bit of a bind!! We were also very conscious of other drivers smoking and tossing cigarette ends or rubbish into the car.

Nice for the first twenty minutes but give me a big car and AC anyday!!

;)

BTW, I would expect a lot of the responses from our feminine members to be looking for answers that offered RED, GREEN, BLUE.... etc HEHEHEH..[:o)]

flyrr100
09-07-2004, 23:12
I live here and have a convertible. But I keep the top up most of the time in the summer. But the fall and winter months in Florida are made for rag top driving!
BTW, gas is down to about $1.85 a gallon now. And falling!!!

domster
09-07-2004, 23:37
The convertible is great when the weather is not boiling hot, come summer and those red hot leather seats are murder to sit on. I know cos I own one!!!

DOM

flyrr100
11-07-2004, 03:13
I ordered my Mustang with cloth seats! I know it's cool and trendy to have leather but it's so much nicer to get in the car and not get a burned ass!