PDA

View Full Version : What is your favourite water park

andreah
08-07-2004, 19:44
If you were going to spend a gorgeous warm sunny day at a water park - which one would it be?

blott
08-07-2004, 19:45
What about Wet 'n' Wild?

andreah
08-07-2004, 19:47
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
What about Wet 'n' Wild?
[/quote]

Blott I pressed the return key instead of the tab key so I have now added wet and wild.

Andrea

blott
08-07-2004, 19:48
Well done! :)

Angua
08-07-2004, 19:59
Isn't there another one in Kissimmee called WaterMania, sister of Wet'n'Wild? Not that I've been there but I just wondered if anyone else did as it's not mentioned very much.

Nostromo
08-07-2004, 20:23
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
What about Wet 'n' Wild?
[/quote]

I found Wet 'n' Wild very tacky compared to the Disney two. Its location so close to I-Drive with all the traffic practically next to the big slides is a major-major put off. Moreover, it has hardly any landscaping to speak of and is not as well maintained as the other two. In fact, I rank Wet 'n' Wild below the other water park - Water Mania.

Although I voted for Blizzard Beach, I think Typhoon Lagoon is very close and I might easily have gone the other way on another day. TL has the best landscaping though BB edges it out on the rides.

stabard
08-07-2004, 21:15
we all love the Big Wave at TL

hamish
09-07-2004, 03:37
Typhoon lagoon, I nearly died laughing when the wave came and bowled the missus *** over ***.:D

Homer
09-07-2004, 17:09
Typhoon Lagoon for me, watching my wife trying to snorkel and having to be helped by the lifeguard I think I wet my pants laughing

Wet and Wild was a poor relation to both BB + TL and considering someone nicked my sons trainers :( as well (which were not even top notch £4.00 on the market!!!!)I would struggle to want to go back!!

Steviek
20-07-2004, 01:00
There used to be a Disney Water park called River Country which was great for the younger children themed on Huckleberry Finn. any 1 know whats happened to it?

Carla
20-07-2004, 03:08
That's just because you're an old wrinkly Nostromo!!!:D:D:D

My teenagers loved it, especially in the evenings when most of the families with little kids had gone home and there were a lot more of their own age group around!!!! A couple of times Wet'n'Wild was open until 11pm. If you've got teenagers, then drop them off for an evening of fun and go somewhere else yourself - they'll enjoy themselves and so will you.
:D:D:D

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
I found Wet 'n' Wild very tacky compared to the Disney two. Its location so close to I-Drive with all the traffic practically next to the big slides is a major-major put off. Moreover, it has hardly any landscaping to speak of and is not as well maintained as the other two. In fact, I rank Wet 'n' Wild below the other water park - Water Mania.
[/quote]

Carla
20-07-2004, 03:09
Why are so many of the Polls that I look at already locked, like this one? It seems that a handful of people vote and then others get locked out. [?][?]

Carla
20-07-2004, 03:10
Disney shut it down a couple of Summers ago.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Steviek
There used to be a Disney Water park called River Country which was great for the younger children themed on Huckleberry Finn. any 1 know whats happened to it?
[/quote]

CarolAnn
20-07-2004, 17:18
Big fan of Typhoon:Deven though my daughter almost drowned there when she was 3 :(A very scary moment indeed.
But it doesn't stop us going back,needless to say, she swims at a club now and is a good strong swimmer :D:)

pigletsplace2003
23-07-2004, 02:58
Typhoon lagoon , The big wave wins it.

Cruella DeVilla
23-07-2004, 12:44
HATE THEM ALL, not that great a swimmer.