PDA

View Full Version : The best ride in Orlando

Nostromo
08-07-2004, 13:28
I wanted a poll for what people believe to be the scariest and/or the most enjoyable ride (does not have to be a rollercoaster) in and near Orlando. I have listed a few possibilities based on what I have heard from others' opinions, leaving out rides like The Slingshot or Sky Coaster, which few people seem to ride. I have also left out very new rides like 'The Mummy' since not all of us have been on it. Since we are given just 8 choices, I'll have to do a bit of guessing but if anyone has other rides in mind, they can mention them in the open posts.

sarahjk
08-07-2004, 13:58
I voted for Aerosmiths as that is my favourite but my hubby would vote for Kracken or Hulk as they are his favs
He also really likes Dooms Tower of Terror so I am not sure which he would put as his very favourite but then again he is a thrillseeker the only reason he has not gone on Slingshot or Sky Coaster is because he cant drag me or my brother on either of them

Sarah

tezz7628
08-07-2004, 14:03
3 and rising welcome to the ranks nostromo [}:)] :D

mission space is the only one i've been on and thought that fantastic

bit stupid for somebody with angina (i think its only slight so not saying other people with it should try)

i'm sure they mentioned my fast heart beat when i was getting on

can they measure it from the restraint????

picked up a few souveniers when going out

chrisj
08-07-2004, 15:43
Only been on Kraken and mission space so cant vote till we get back in August when I should
have been on the rest of the list :)

Nostromo
08-07-2004, 15:47
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrisj
Only been on Kraken and mission space so cant vote till we get back in August when I should
have been on the rest of the list :)
[/quote]

OK. But whilst you are there, why don't you have a go at the two biggies - Sky Coaster & The Slingshot? I can assure you that it is an experience you'll remember for a looooong time!

chrisj
08-07-2004, 16:19
Nostromo - Behave yourself, you know kraken scared the **** out of me :D

Epic
08-07-2004, 19:24
my partner would vote for dudley do rights toon lagoon as he thinks its "best laugh you will have on a ride":Dwheras i think its the wettest ride in creation but also loved it.on the above poll though i voted for rock n roller coaster as its an awesome thrill ride[msnsmile2]

Emma

amy
08-07-2004, 20:04
Can you not add to the poll 'all of the above'?

its hard to say which is the best they are all so goo in their own different way.:D:D:D

sully62
09-07-2004, 02:06
just voted for spidy, i love this one the start of a new generation of thrill rides, one of ours sons schoolmates has just come back form orlando she said the new mummy ride is even better than spiderman can't wait
as nostromo says if you want a real adrenlin rush do the skycoaster and slingshot at the old town for the aghhhhhh !!! factor:D:D
Tony

CarolAnn
09-07-2004, 03:02
Scariest[?]Has to be Small World surely[?]Freaks me out[msneek]

hamish
09-07-2004, 03:21
The best ride.?
Got to be from the airport to the villa, when we first arrive.:D

jaff
11-07-2004, 02:27
i canny seem to vote[msnscared]But i only been once and my best was rock n roller coaster[msnsmile2]Scared the pants off of me[msnsmile2]

Mr G
11-07-2004, 02:42
Kraken... i don't usually go on rides alone,(young family) but saw this one, had to do it, went in queue for front seat,this year I'm going for hulk. [msneek][msneek]

Nostromo
23-09-2004, 11:28
I am surprised that no one so far felt that Summit Plummet was 'scary' on this poll. Yet, a lot of people felt that it was when asked specifically in the 'Water Parks' forum. I suppose it is a "you love it or hate it" sort of thing.

WR1
24-09-2004, 00:40
My best ride's are Aerosmith's Rock 'n' Roller coaster, and Spiderman.

janwebb
13-10-2004, 02:22
I would agree the comment about all of 'em!! IOA seems to have the most thrilling rides and would also agree about the Dudley Do Right Toon Lagoon being the funniest - we all had a great time on this ride but you do get VERY wet - good job the Florida sun keeps on shining to dry you off fast [msncool]

John Boy
14-10-2004, 02:52
I can't say from fear of prosecution

bryj
22-10-2004, 03:51
Tower of Terror terrifies me, but the Rock'n'Roller Coaster is fantastic! I wish the good rides lasted longer.