PDA

View Full Version : Orange Tree

Nostromo
08-07-2004, 13:12
Having seen all these glowing reports about various Villa communities near Orlando, I am curious to know how people rate Orange Tree. This is the only comminity that we know (having stayed at hotels during the previous 4 visits) and all of us thought that it had a very nice, quiet and neighbourly atmosphere. There was not a shred of any problem during our 3 weeks there and even the teenagers around were very well behaved (no implication intended :D). So, where does Orange Tree figure in an experienced visitor's list of villa communities?

trevlad
08-07-2004, 15:08
is orange tree the one thats on the right about 3 miles nth on 27/192, after glenbrook?

we had a drive on if thats the one, last year and this. does seem a pleasant community[8D]

trev

Nostromo
08-07-2004, 15:49
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by trevlad
is orange tree the one thats on the right about 3 miles nth on 27/192, after glenbrook?

we had a drive on if thats the one, last year and this. does seem a pleasant community[8D]

trev
[/quote]

That's the one and it is very pleasant.

neilr
08-07-2004, 15:56
Stayed there in Jan.. very nice community. Nearly bought there but ended up going for a resale.

[^]

Cruella DeVilla
08-07-2004, 16:08
Had a look at buying there but the floor plans were not for us but it was very nice.

caseyd
08-07-2004, 17:04
We stayed at Greater Groves, just down the road from Orange Tree, and drove and walked through Orange Tree. It's a lovely area. Open spaces around it, VERY quiet, and we felt removed from the hustle and bustle of Hwy 192. Only thing I would say is there are not as many places to dine out there; you need to do that on the way in or out of Disney/192 unless you want to go back out for a bit of a drive in the evening to eat. The Winn Dixie was the only grocery store in real close proximity (I know there is a Publix further down 27 but we always went to Winn Dixie, it was just closer). I would definitely stay at Greater Groves or Orange Tree again, although we are staying closer in when we go back in December. We tended not to go back to the villa at mid-day, thought about it once or twice, but didn't do it, which was fine for us as our kids are older. I think there are more full-time residences (vs rentals) at GG (half at least, if not more it seemed to us); was it like that at Orange TRee? That was a big advantage, not all rentals made it seem like a neighborhood, and we actually asked the owners of the house next door a few questions about the area when we chatted w/them.

I didn't see as much on these two areas when I did my searches here for them before we went, so I will be looking forward to other responses.

sarahjk
08-07-2004, 19:08
We have stayed on Orange Groves, it was actually our first villa rental, so I do have fond memories of it.

I loved the fact that it was quiet and away from the hustle and bustle and I also liked the Winn Dixie, we havent gone back but that is not because we did not like it I have just got better at organising our holidays now. [msnsmile2]

I would recommend this community to anyone the little park at the front of the community is great if you want to stay at the villa for a day and not just spend it at the pool, if I remember rightly there also was a tennis court as well not that I used it, far to energetic for me Im afraid[msnembarrased]

Sarah

Nielsen
09-07-2004, 03:31
We liked so much we actually bought our second home there!![msnsmile2]

Further to the Winn Dixie - there are also 2 !! Publix on the 192 just before you turn onto the Hwy 27 - so within 5 mins you have 3 good stores to do your food shopping in.
There are also plans to build a Walmart very close the the 192/27 interchange.

Another reason we bought there, apart from it being quiet, was the floor plans and the amount of space they seem to create + the fact all villas are on 75 feet wide plots. [msnsmile][msnwink].

TOM

RIS
15-07-2004, 17:58
Hi All

Have to agree with all the comments above on Greater Groves and Orange Tree.
Good space, good mix of residential and rental, nice and quite but not too far from Disney, good communal facilities etc. etc.
In fact after renting villas for a number of years and getting to know many of the villa areas we bought on Greater Groves last year!

Off there for two weeks next month with the family, CAN’T WAIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

[msncool]

Pelican
23-07-2004, 02:17
Hi All,

Having just returned from 2 weeks in our recently purchased resale on Orange Tree we agree with all the above comments, nice and quiet yet close enough to all the ammenities, resturants and theme parks. Also nice countryside north on US27 and eating up on Colonial US 50

Wish we were still there

Nick & Julie