PDA

View Full Version : hotels near airport

alexa
07-07-2004, 05:13
..Im arriving an july 30 and have a villa booked for the 31 on (since thats the day rest of the family is arriving)..so i need a place to stay for that first night, and since my flight arrives at 11pm I would like a place nearby the airport that could maybe pick me up then..does anyone know if some hotels do that? and also do you know of a shopping centers near the airport where I can hang around the next morning while I wait for parents..

thank you people!

(crossposted on another forum)

blott
07-07-2004, 05:18
How about the Hyatt which is actually part of the Orlando International Airport building? I've always wanted to find an excuse for staying there and you could let us know what it was like. As you're arriving late, you could just collect your luggage and walk into the hotel.

alexa
07-07-2004, 06:06
GREAT!

Ill see if I can find it on the net!

Anyone else?
how about a shopping center..THEN..ill be all set!

Nostromo
07-07-2004, 10:36
Florida Mall is not far from the airport, but I am sure there are shops closer. It depends on how long you have to wait for your parents on the following day. If their flight is also due to arrive late, FM may be a good place to while some hours away.

alexa
10-07-2004, 07:34
Thanks, I found a great orlando map, that shows florida mall being really close to the airport..So i guess thats where ill be waiting since my family is not arriving until 4 pm.-

Oh yeah! and I have reservations at the Hyatt for the day I arrive.
thank you Blott! great idea!! I would have never thought of that..

Floridalover
10-07-2004, 13:28
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by alexa
Thanks, I found a great orlando map, that shows florida mall being really close to the airport..So i guess thats where ill be waiting since my family is not arriving until 4 pm.-

Oh yeah! and I have reservations at the Hyatt for the day I arrive.
thank you Blott! great idea!! I would have never thought of that..
[/quote]
I've always wondered about that Hyatt too....Alexa, did you book it at a good rate ?

blott
10-07-2004, 16:04
I've always wanted an excuse to stay at that Hyatt so now you'll have to come back to the forum afterwards and let us know what it's like.

alexa
13-07-2004, 09:45
Sure..Ill let you all know what its like!
I booked it over the net, at $100 at hyatt.com...to what im used to paying is Not a good rate but considering thats the only money ill be spending for lodging I dont mind spending more this time..

pieman790
09-08-2004, 13:28
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
How about the Hyatt which is actually part of the Orlando International Airport building? I've always wanted to find an excuse for staying there and you could let us know what it was like. As you're arriving late, you could just collect your luggage and walk into the hotel.
[/quote]

We stayed in this 4 star hotel for the first night of our holiday. I have to say it was very nice indeed. We had two young children in tow and the staff went out of their way to help especially the restaurant staff who basically looked after and entertained our children for the whole time we were in there. My son loved the view of the runway from the room (Be sure to ask for a runway view otherwise your room look out into the airport building. The rooms have doble glazing so there was no noise.
Cost us £90 per night (booked via internet ) plus breakfast (£25 approx) which is high by orlando prices but we had a long two flight journey and we were closing the next day on our villa so to me it was worth it.
I too had always wondered what it would be like to stop there having passed it many time on arrival at MCO. You can get cheaper hotels nearby but you have to get on a bus or drive. The room have two queens, Cable TV, Fridge, and a phone in the WC much to my sons delight.
We walked out of the hotel and downstairs to the car rental place and there was no queues. From Hotel to car pick up in less than 5 mins, got to be a record.