PDA

View Full Version : Is the OV Forum addictive?

Angua
07-07-2004, 01:28
Right, I'm trying this poll malarky AGAIN! If it comes out locked again, it's nothing to do with me!![msnwink] (although it might be part of my Grand Plan to drive you all crazy and take over the World with the benefit of my anonymity..... you'll just never know...mwah, ha, ha...)

[?]Does the Panel think that this Forum is addictive[?]

Ian Dee
07-07-2004, 02:23
Angua
I have not eaten since last month, do I get a special tee shirt

Angua
07-07-2004, 02:29
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ian Dee
Angua
I have not eaten since last month, do I get a special tee shirt
[/quote]

If you've not eaten since last month, I think I've got a shirt on a Mickey Mouse stuffed toy that you could use!!:D As for me, I'm training the cat to make beans on toast. She just hasn't mastered the ring-pull yet but we're working on it.;)

rosie
07-07-2004, 03:29
Is this forum addictive???? Is the Pope catholic? Do bears..... well you get the idea :D:D

tezz7628
07-07-2004, 03:41
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[i] take over the World with the benefit of my anonymity..... you'll just never know...mwah, ha, ha...)[/size=1]

[/quote]

thats twice i've seen that today was it the same person
three strikes and your out:D:D

Ruth
07-07-2004, 03:47
I could see the results before I had voted:(Presumably this is not correct?

Angua
07-07-2004, 03:58
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by tezz7628
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[i] take over the World with the benefit of my anonymity..... you'll just never know...mwah, ha, ha...)[/size=1]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Crickey, can't get much past you, can I?:D Indeed it was I, waxing lyrical with the maniacal laughter and referring to my earlier post about World domination.

Does this mean I have to stop the "mwah, hah, hah"? ....but I like the "mwah, hah, hah"...... You'll be sorry....I'll send Igor round.[:o)]

Angua
07-07-2004, 04:02
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ruth
I could see the results before I had voted:(Presumably this is not correct?
[/quote]

Were the voting options still there though, Ruth? I could see the results as well as the options until I voted and then I could only see the results. Does that make sense? I need to get some sleep!!

Ruth
07-07-2004, 11:41
Yes the voting options were there too, I just did not think it was normal to see the results before I had voted?

Angua
07-07-2004, 11:52
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ruth
Yes the voting options were there too, I just did not think it was normal to see the results before I had voted?
[/quote]

That's good, it worked that way for me too so I'm guessing it's quite normal. At least you've been able to vote now anyway.:D

tezz7628
07-07-2004, 12:35
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Angua
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by tezz7628
[/quote]
[/quote]

Crickey, can't get much past you, can I?:D Indeed it was I, waxing lyrical with the maniacal laughter and referring to my earlier post about World domination.

Does this mean I have to stop the "mwah, hah, hah"? ....but I like the "mwah, hah, hah"...... You'll be sorry....I'll send Igor round.[:o)]
[/quote]

good grief no

i just thought the white ambulance might come round:D:D

Angua
07-07-2004, 12:44
Ambulances? Men in white coats? I have no idea what you're talking about.... Wibble! (gratuitous BlackAdder quote)

[:o)][:o)]

Cruella DeVilla
07-07-2004, 13:46
We could get a group discount at the Priory!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
07-07-2004, 14:00
When you set up a poll I think there is an option to display the results anyway or to make the user vote before seeing the results [msnsmile]<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ruth
[/quote]

Angua
07-07-2004, 14:12
I thought so too, John. There was bold text saying "View Results" which I imagined you would use to switch the view of the results on or off before voting, although I didn't try it myself.

As to the Priory... I'll organise the coach and will supply the straight jackets. Who would like to join us?

stabard
07-07-2004, 16:49
book me a seat on the bus with the rest of you - I could do with the rest[msnwink]

Cruella DeVilla
07-07-2004, 16:54
I will bring the boxing gloves..............(cannot type with them on)! [}:)]

domster
07-07-2004, 18:14
My wife has already filed for divorce.

Ruth
07-07-2004, 21:36
That explains everything John[msnwink]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
When you set up a poll I think there is an option to display the results anyway or to make the user vote before seeing the results [msnsmile]
Originally posted by Ruth

Angua
07-07-2004, 22:24
My apologies that the Poll wasn't set up correctly. No doubt once we've all had a couple of tries, it will become second nature. I've looked at a New Poll and at the edit version of this one and still can't see an option to amend the "View Results" so that members can be surprised by the results after voting. I only saw these words once the poll had been created, immediately before I made my vote and assumed that it was up to each member to set their own preference for future polls. But...as previously advised, I was "wigged" out on Chocolate at the time so forgive me if I've missed the obvious.

To clarify for future reference, may I ask a couple of questions of those more experienced?

Firstly, what exactly does "locking" the poll mean? My first poll was locked and didn't work at all, this poll is locked and does work. What did I do wrong?

Secondly, if the "View Results" option is not set at the initial setup of the Poll and cannot be amended after the fact, can you let me know exactly how you do that to avoid any problems in the future?

Thanks

Angua
08-07-2004, 02:46
Hellloooooo, is there anybody there? I'm hoping Tez7628 can help me with the results view but someone must know what I did with the locking thing on the first poll!

Come on, you IT Gurus.

blott
08-07-2004, 03:06
John's the only one who would probably know and I think he's gone to bed.

Silver Dollar
08-07-2004, 03:06
I love this forum:D

hamish
08-07-2004, 03:35
My wife says she will leave me if I dont stop chatting on the forum.
Well thats one more tick for the forum.[:0][msnwink]:D