PDA

View Full Version : hello from the UK

Homer
06-07-2004, 22:42
Hi to you all been browsing through for a while now and finally bit the bullet and registered

We are in the throes of planning to go out in September and have yet to decide on Villa or Hotel although after looking at what is on offer villa wise I have a sneaking suspicion it will be a villa now which one is another story!!!1:D.

E. Cosgrove
06-07-2004, 23:05
Hi Homer, Welcome.
Glad you are planning a Florida holiday, have you been before?
You know what I am going to say about your choice of accommodation[msnwink]
Choose carefully and you will have a wonderful holiday, planning is half the fun:D
Liz

Gillian-B
06-07-2004, 23:10
Hi Homer - welcome to the forum. I'm sure that whatever you decide upon, you've hit upon the best source of information and help you'll find [8D]. Good luck with the planning.

Cowboy
06-07-2004, 23:10
Hi Homer,
Welcome to the forum - youv'e come to the right place[msnsmile][msnsmile]
Having visited Florida on many occasions, I would never ever stay in a hotel again. Even if I didn't have my own villa, I would rent one. Comfort, ample space, come and go as you please and of course your own pool. Just look on the site villas by clicking on www.orlandovillas.com www.villasflorida.com or www.onlinevillas.com They are all verified.
You can also get a car hire quote and purchase highly discounted park tickets by clicking on the links on the first page.
Enjoy planning your holiday and have a great vacation.
Mike.

amy
06-07-2004, 23:48
Congratulations!

I'm sure you'll find what your looking for , and would go with cowboy and say stay
in a villa, especially with a family. done the disney hotels and other local accomodation and bought a villa.[:p]

hamish
07-07-2004, 00:40
Hi Homer.
Welcome to the forum,choose a villa everytime.
We also go out in september (2nd to 23rd) hope you and the other simpsons have a great time.

Clive+June.

Ian Dee
07-07-2004, 02:21
Homer
well done - joining that is.
All the others have said it and I agree;)[msnwink]
We 'visited' some frinedds who were staying at WDW Carribean Resort a few years ago and we were amazed at how cramped the accomodation was - designed I suppose to get people out to the shops etc.
they rented our villa the next year and said that they would never go back to a hotel again. There are days when you just want to chill out by the pool, and they could not do that at WDW, although they still love WDW[8D]

CarolAnn
07-07-2004, 14:38
Doh!![:p]Glad you made it Homer:D I am sure this site will support your decision as to where to stay when you go to Florida[msnsmile]Don't think you will go far wrong if you take in the info available here[msnwink]WDW resorts can be amazing for many reasons, motels can vary dramatically[msnoo] We have done the one with the cockroachers by the way[msnsad]But I think a villa is just perfect for all sorts of reasons!![msnsmile]:D[8D][msncool]
Hope you are chuffed with your choice[msnsmile]
Happy Hunting[^]

LesleyB
07-07-2004, 16:44
You could always do what our next guests are doing - spending 3 days at a disney hotel and then 11 days in our villa - you get the best of both worlds that way.:D

Lesley

Ruth
07-07-2004, 21:46
We stayed 1 night in a Disney hotel last Christmas and for our family of 5 sharing 1 room, 1 TV and 1 bathroom that was long enough[msnwink] When we visit other areas, or if our villa is booked for some of our stay, we just book another private villa[msnsmile2]

Tracy
09-07-2004, 01:48
Hi Homer - welcome to a great and very addictive site. You will find all the information you need to organise your holiday. Take advantage of all the searches to gain information and if you can't find what you are looking for - just ask !

On a personal note, there are 5 of us and having stayed on International drive, at the Wilderness Lodge in Disney and also assorted villas we know where our preference lies ! Enjoy planning you holiday it can be as much fun as the actual holiday itself !

chrizzy100
09-07-2004, 02:14
We are looking at a hotel in Universal for a few days.......any ideas.....???
We've yet to stay there....but keep saying we will.......we are planning to let a friend use our house....while we're there.......but we'd like to go off on our own.....

Angua
09-07-2004, 02:40
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
We've yet to stay there....but keep saying we will.......we are planning to let a friend use our house....while we're there.......but we'd like to go off on our own.....
[/quote]

Isn't the Hard Rock Hotel in Universal? Brother-in-law stayed there recently and said it was fantastic. Also his room key got him to the front of the fast-pass queues every time. I'll get specifics from him at the weekend for you.

pbensur
09-07-2004, 22:50
Hi Homer,
Welcome to the forum!! You will love Florida and everything it has to offer. You will love the comfort and luxury of a villa! Best wishes to you as you plan your holiday!

chrizzy100
09-07-2004, 23:31
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Angua
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
[/quote]

Isn't the Hard Rock Hotel in Universal? Brother-in-law stayed there recently and said it was fantastic. Also his room key got him to the front of the fast-pass queues every time. I'll get specifics from him at the weekend for you.
[/quote]

Thanks.......:D

domster
09-07-2004, 23:31
Hi Homer,

Welcome to the forum, i'm sure you will find out from the site that renting a villa is the way forward (we would say that as we all own them!). We have stayed in plenty of Hotels in Orlando and to be honest they all offer the same quality for the same money, but can't compete when you want a place to yourself (for similar money).

Hope your hunting goes well[msnwink]

DOM

Homer
10-07-2004, 13:21
Hi to you all and thanks for replying, I have now booked my holiday (see booked in general) and can't wait to get out there