PDA

View Full Version : New to renting

Debbie Cunningham
06-07-2004, 02:12
We are considering renting a villa in October. The owner e-mailed us a terms and conditions letter but at the end it says under the conditions on English laws. What does this mean as far as my rights in the USA if there is a problem?

rosie
06-07-2004, 03:10
Hi Debbie

welcome to the forum. As for your question about the T&C's, this is a pretty standard clause for most British owners, and all it means is that any dispute that ends in court would be dealt with by an English court under English law. Hopefully everything will be wonderful for your holiday making that clause irrelevant.

I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will correct me :)

blott
06-07-2004, 03:57
Exactly correct Rosie! :)

I'm sure you won't have a problem Deb but, if you're worried about it, have a word with your owner who will be able to reassure you.

rosie
06-07-2004, 12:03
Thanks Blott, I feel I have earned one of my stars at last :). Its usually me asking the questions rather than being able to offer advice :)

Silver Dollar
13-07-2004, 22:39
Surely this wording was used because the 'business' was transacted in England and therefore if there were to be any formal complaints procedure, it would therefore be dealt under English Law accordingly.