PDA

View Full Version : October!

deniseb90
05-07-2004, 17:52
Hi I'm a new member. I am off to Florida in October and this will be my third trip, although this time I'll be the driver!!!! As there will be a couple of us who it will be the first time for we are doing ALL the parks again(!) during our fortnight. I have written down a rough itinerary and it looks like we will be hitting MK on a Saturday and then MGM on the Sunday - is this a good idea? We are arriving in Floriday on Thurs 30 Sep for 2 weeks.

Also I'm going with Travel City Direct for the first time, after reading some of the comments am a bit worried. Also flying Air Atlanta, I have been used to Virgin - so doubly worried!

Thanks for your help!!

CarolAnn
05-07-2004, 19:41
Welcome Deniseb90.

I can't comment on TCD, and Air Altlanta, but October is a fab time to go!! We used to go to Florida at that time(5 years or so), then school pressures moved us to Easter time!! The only comment I would make is though it is normally quite easy going in the parks at that time of year,personally I would skip MK until mid week,in fact we don't normally rush to the parks Sat,Sun or Mon!! And then we work backwards, ie AK,EP,MGM & MK, simply because the masses will do exactly what you have suggested[msnscared]Bare in mind a lot of U.S traveller can drive/fly in for the weekend, and anyone further away, will arrive at the weekend then hit MK on Monday[msnsmile2]and follow the itineraryyou have set![msnscared]On the plus side, I would expect it to be overall, a lot quieter as you are not aiming for the Brit half-term or Halloween:D
I am sure you will have a fab time
[msnwink]

esprit
05-07-2004, 19:52
All the Halloween events are on in October, all through the month not just 31st. Do all of those if you can. It would also be a way for you to do all the parks again without actually doing all the parks again if you se what I mean ( as they are the same but different over the Halloween events).

deniseb90
05-07-2004, 20:11
So then rather than starting with MK on the Saturday perhaps go to AK on the Saturday or MGM? I would have a few days off and start on the Monday but time is a factor and we want to have a day off or so for shopping, etc!!

I didn't think about the Halloween stuff! What do they do out there! I am so excited! Last time I went my son was 3 and obviously could only go on the little rides. Now he'll be 7 and I can't wait for him to go on Spiderman and Jurassic Park! Last time he stood on his tip-toe so he could go on Splash Mountain but the guy wouldn't let him on! Took him to Disneyland Paris a couple of years ago, but even though it's good, it doesn't compare with Orlando!

Thanks for all your replies!!

Ray&Sarah
05-07-2004, 20:16
Hi Denise, welcome to the forum. October is a great time to go to Florida, its warm without being too humid and the rainy season is all but over. Also you should be avoiding most of the busy holiday periods by going at this time. Have fun!! Well that goes without saying, doesn't it!:D

deniseb90
05-07-2004, 20:38
So then rather than starting with MK on the Saturday perhaps go to AK on the Saturday or MGM? I would have a few days off and start on the Monday but time is a factor and we want to have a day off or so for shopping, etc!!

I didn't think about the Halloween stuff! What do they do out there! I am so excited! Last time I went my son was 3 and obviously could only go on the little rides. Now he'll be 7 and I can't wait for him to go on Spiderman and Jurassic Park! Last time he stood on his tip-toe so he could go on Splash Mountain but the guy wouldn't let him on! Took him to Disneyland Paris a couple of years ago, but even though it's good, it doesn't compare with Orlando!

Thanks for all your replies!!

Debbie Cunningham
06-07-2004, 02:08
Hello
This is our first trip to Disney and to renting a villa. We are also going in October, the last two weeks. I'm not even sure I'm doing this right.

Epic
06-07-2004, 15:26
hi denise,
we will be in florida the same time as you:Dwe are going on the 25th sept to 9th oct.where abouts are you staying or do you have a villa this time?being just the two of us we always stay in hotels.weve been in oct once before and it was brilliant the weather was perfect and we never had problems with lines at the parks even at the weekends.we are going to MGM but havent figured out which day yet:DEnjoy your holiday

Emma

deniseb90
08-07-2004, 14:45
We're staying at Highlands Reserve in a villa. We've always stayed in villas as they give you a bit more freedom (i.e. if you don't want to go out in the evening you can just have a BBQ) - also the kids like the idea of having their own pool!

I am so looking forward to it this year as my son will be 7 and will be able to go on most of the rides - last time he just fell short and was really upset that he couldn't go on Spiderman!

dbrook
08-07-2004, 17:04
Highlands Reserve is a great community Denise (OK so I'm biased:D:D)

You'll love it and in my opinion October is the best time of year to go - always had excellent weather, mid 80s, very little rain and the parks aren't too busy (or weren't last time we went!!)

Enjoy;)

deniseb90
08-07-2004, 19:59
We are staying in a "3 bed exec" in Highlands Reserve - i know I'm being a bit shallow, but do you think we'll get a jacuzzi with the pool - never had one of them before. Last two times I went we stayed at Indian Ridge (very nice but I think an older community than Higlands)?

daxon
08-07-2004, 23:02
Hi Denise
Sure you'll love Highlands Reserve (Im biased too!)
We have villas here & they all have spas but I think that just depends on whether theyre in when the villa is built.
Sure you'll have a lovely time whatever ! [8D]

deniseb90
09-07-2004, 13:45
Thanks for that - I am more excited than the kids! Looking forward to going to a different community as always went to Indian Ridge - Highlands Reserve sounds great - and the fact that there's a Publix next door even better! Where's the nearest Walmart! - need to get my fix of it!