PDA

View Full Version : facilities on estates ??

alison166
04-07-2004, 20:16
Can any kind person give me some advice regarding the facilities available on the differing estates.

My mind is racing with the amount of estates nr Disney and all the beautiful villas everyone seems to own (am very jealous!!)

We are looking to rent around Formosa Gardens, Oak Island Harbour/Cove area etc etc and have children aged 9 & 8 so do want some facilities on the estate

Anyone that can give some advice would be really doing me a favour as my mind is racing with it all [msnsmile] !!!!!

Thanks

Ali

Newhomebuyer
04-07-2004, 21:38
Hi Ali,
Oak Island Cove and Oak Island harbour are lovely estates in an excellent location but they do not have a club or central recreation area.. In order to get those kind of facilities you would need to look at a resort estate for example Emerald Island or Wyndham Palms or indeed several others.
I would have to say that the facilities within the villa may be more important than resort club facilities, so do not be put off your ideal villa just because there is no club house. Of course you may find your ideal villa within a resort complex so you get the best of both.
Whatever you choose I am sure you will not be disappointed as there are many wonderful villas advertised on this site.

blott
04-07-2004, 22:58
Lots and lots of communities have different facilities so it really depends on what you're looking for. As Newhomebuyer has said, there are also different facilities inside a lot of the homes so these might be important to you too.

There are community descriptions here http://www.orlandovillas.com/Communities.aspx which have been written by home owners in the communities and a map here http://www.orlandovillas.com/map.asp which might help you.

Try making a list of exactly what you're looking for and divide it into 'must haves' and 'would likes' so that you can check off your wish list with the facilities available in various places.

Theresa
05-07-2004, 00:16
Hi Ali

You will find that a lot of homes have their own games room with sole use of pool table, football table etc, whereas the communities with resort facilities might only have two or three pool tables for the whole of the complex. As Blott suggests you have to look at the whole package rather than just the community. A lot of communities have the basics i.e. communal pool, tennis and baskeball courts and childrens playground, which is probably all you need.
I am sure you will love wherever you choose to stay.

Theresa

steph_goodrum
05-07-2004, 00:59
I agree with Theresa, with a good mix of facilities in a villa and a few places like tennis and baskteball to let off a bit of steam if necessary (and they've got the energy after the parks) then I'm sure the family will be more than happy.

Parrothead
05-07-2004, 14:11
Hi, we have a place at Windsor Palms. There are lots a facilities here for us and our guests to use; 58 seat cinema, 2 tennis courts, 2 pool tables, ping pong table, sand volley ball court, basketball hoops, oversizrd communal pool, large spa, and a sundry shop. All of these are free! We were there for the Super Bowl, this was shown on the cinema screen, great entertainment.[msnsmile2]

mr flibble
05-07-2004, 21:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
Lots and lots of communities have different facilities so it really depends on what you're looking for. As Newhomebuyer has said, there are also different facilities inside a lot of the homes so these might be important to you too.

There are community descriptions here http://www.orlandovillas.com/Communities.aspx which have been written by home owners in the communities and a map here http://www.orlandovillas.com/map.asp which might help you.

Try making a list of exactly what you're looking for and divide it into 'must haves' and 'would likes' so that you can check off your wish list with the facilities available in various places.
[/quote]
Hi Blott:)
How do you update details of your community ?
[msncool]
Ian

blott
05-07-2004, 22:23
The community info sections were written by home owners who advertise on the site so I don't think you'd be able to change them.

Ian Dee
06-07-2004, 01:18
[8D]Blott
With all the changes gooing on over at the 27, there will need to be updates to the communities descriptions.
Also, for example, Calabay Parc has had recreational facilities added.[msnsmile2]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
06-07-2004, 02:11
We always welcome updated community descriptions and photos of the entrance to the community. Email them in to me at john@orlandovillas.com with an obvious subject line and they will get my immediate attention.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ian Dee
[8D]Blott
With all the changes gooing on over at the 27, there will need to be updates to the communities descriptions.
Also, for example, Calabay Parc has had recreational facilities added.[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

Silver Dollar
07-07-2004, 07:18
I'd say Windsor Palms or Emerald Island every time. I've just returned to WP, and I wouldn't stay anywhere else...not to say there aren't some other beautiful resorts, there are and plenty. But my kids just love there.

Ian Dee
07-07-2004, 13:10
John
I will do an update for Calabay Parc and email.
I'm just looking for a late photo of CP that i took so as not to complicate matters with someone else's photo - copyright etc.[8D]

alison166
08-07-2004, 00:32
Thanks everyone for some really helpful advice.

Love the look of Windsor Palms and think this is going to be the estate for our stay.

Can anyone confirm - although there appears to be a lot to do within the community - is it still fairly quiet at night.

Cheers

Ali

Silver Dollar
08-07-2004, 03:33
yeah its quiet. I'm there now