PDA

View Full Version : Hi am new

jaff
04-07-2004, 04:17
Hi:)
I was at florida last year...september...during that huricane...was still great tho.I wana go back nex year and have been quoted few prices.

going places offering me ramada inn east gate kissimee......£2020

but TCD say they can price meet it so am i better to ask TCD to meet the price??

or i see some people recon to book it seperately???
is this the case?

cheers

JAFF

steph_goodrum
04-07-2004, 12:55
Jaff
It's is impossible to advise really without knowing more details.
How many people are travelling, if that is the price per person that is very expensive for September.
Who are flights with that Going Places are offering etc.
Normally you can save money by booking individually as the Travel agents have to make money to stay in business so their commission is built into the prices.
The last time we used a package, over 5 years ago, Going Places left a piece of paper attached to my booking which I wasn't supposed to get which showed their commission from Virgin was just over £600 (there were 3 of us travelling) and I did virtually all the work myself as they couldn't tell me specifics about the hotel in New York so I phoned them myself and various other bits of info etc. That was when I decided if I was doing their job I would save the commission and put together a package that would suit us from then on.

rosie
04-07-2004, 13:06
Hi Jaff

welcome to the forums, everything you want to know, someone here will have the answers.

I agree with Steph, it is cheaper to do it yourself and you will then get exactly what you want. The one and only package we ever booked was cancelled by the tour company 3 days before we due to fly out due to overbooking. We ended up booking direct with the hotel we wanted and found our own flights too.

If you want any advice on doing it yourself just ask away and someone here will help.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do :)

Snapper
04-07-2004, 14:33
Hi Jaff, and welcome to the forums.

With the greatest respect to all travel agents I think there is more combined knowledge here for you to tap into that will help you put together a better quality and more flexible trip to FL by it.

Keep asking away and I think you will be pleasantly surprised by both the speed, quantity and quality of the responses you get; as well as the general chatter and banter that will go with each one. [msnsmile]

Steve.

Ray&Sarah
04-07-2004, 14:37
Welcome to the forum, we tend to organise our trips ourselves when we go on holiday. This year we have booked flights, car hire, hotels and a house for our second week all through the internet.

It has been interesting to book a rental, as being villa owners we have now seen the booking system from both sides.

We found it easier and cheaper to do it ourselves, give it a go you'll probably be surprised how easy it is.:)

jaff
04-07-2004, 15:18
that price for £2020 is all 4 of us including insurances and car hire fully comp insurances

so this anygood price?

philgrove
04-07-2004, 18:49
welcome jaff, the price doesnt seem too bad but shop around, we've got 3 weeks next may staying at the quality inn maingate west with 3 weeks car hire and insurances for 2 adults and 2 children for £2099. always shop around. we flew with travel city direct last year and they were very good, no problems at all apart from 8 hour delay at gatwick which wasnt their fault, but they still gave us £30 worth of food vouchers per person, we would go with tcd again but this 3 week deal with first choice was to good to miss.

jaff
04-07-2004, 21:14
When would be best time to look around......now or maybe a yeat before we plan to go?

stabard
04-07-2004, 22:15
If you have specific dates in mind (due to school hols etc) I wouldbe looking now. If you are a bit more flexible than maybe nearer the time you may get a deal. Me - I would look now as I like having stuff in place that I can look forward to[msnwink]

philgrove
04-07-2004, 22:21
late bargains are ok for couples but for families i wouldnt take the risk. anyway tour operators know that for certain destinations they are going to fill seats, florida being one of them. booking about a year in advance is usually what we do( which is when next years brochure is printed normally). the thing with florida is its a sure thing, the accomodation and attractions are all of the standard you expect so theres no real risk with booking early as there are few late deals available, but we've only been twice, (third time in may 2005), so maybe someone with more experience can shed more light.