PDA

View Full Version : Hotel in the Pleasure Island Vicinity

brizzle
03-07-2004, 22:35
On our next Floridian excursion the wife and I are taking the babysitter, aka my Mum.
We're looking at having a night out since the kids can be looked after for the evening but are based an expensive (?) taxi ride away in Davenport.

By my reckoning we can probably get a cheap room for the night in the Pleasure Island area which would work out a lot cheaper than a return taxi trip.

So does anyone know which hotels are within a pretty short walk from Pleasure Island?

Brizzle.

Snapper
03-07-2004, 23:20
Hi Brizzle,

There are a bunch of very reasonably priced hotels over at Lake Buena Vista. I think the road is called Hotel Plaza Blvd. It is just opposite the entrance to DD Marketplace. There are about 5 hotels there, a Hilton, Best Western, etc. all very reasonably priced. Furthest away (the Best Western) is about a 15 minute amble from DD. I stayed at the BW a few times when I was villa hunting and used to walk over to DD each evening. Other than staying at Disney for the shuttle buses I doubt you can get much closer.

Steve.

rosie
03-07-2004, 23:25
Hi Brizzle

we stayed at the Grosvenor in June, its literally across the road from DD. We did the same as Steve and just walked across there when we were done for the day. Get a tower room facing the lake for a great view right over DD and Pleasure Island.

Matt
05-07-2004, 01:19
You can get some great rates for the Grosvenor Resort, I used to always stay there before my villa, and still do when I go out for an evening at PI.

Although in May I stayed at the new holiday inn there and it was £36 for the night.

If you book through the Virgin Atlantic website then they offer some great discounts, and also when staying at the Grosvenor had an upgraded tower room each time. www.virgin-atlantic.com then click on the hotels link.

Matt