PDA

View Full Version : Canada

patj
03-07-2004, 02:37
Having decided that the US is too big a risk on an E2 visa we are now looking at Canada which is much easier to enter. Anyone done it, researched it? Any advice would be gratefully received.

chrizzy100
03-07-2004, 02:42
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by patj
Having decided that the US is too big a risk on an E2 visa we are now looking at Canada which is much easier to enter. Anyone done it, researched it? Any advice would be gratefully received.
[/quote]

We found Canada just as hard to get in to......they work on a points system.....I have links somewhere to forums about moving to Canada...I just have to find them.........if I do I'll DM them to you.....

chrisj
03-07-2004, 03:06
My brother tried and we have family there who could sponsor him etc, the answer was stil a firm
NO

Mind you this is funny a fellow IT buff at work wants to emmigrate to australia, his wife is
a hairdresser and because of her they get more points - now work that one out cos it confuses
me

patj
03-07-2004, 14:45
We have already done a pre entry quiestionnaire and it would appear that we exceed the points required so there is some hope.

agod
03-07-2004, 14:58
Hi Chris

It has turned around, they no longer require white collar workers, its the trades that are in short supply, they do have lists of what they require on ther web sites, many years ago, I was a HGV driver, and I read somewhere thta they where in short supply in the States, I had dreams of driving a huge Kenwood done the Interstate.

Alan

chrisj
04-07-2004, 00:11
Cheers Alan, that explains it