PDA

View Full Version : phoning florida

AndyC
28-06-2004, 12:59
I've been given a number to contact in Florida in the form of 123-456-7890 can someone advise what the international code is from UK

Many thanks
Andy

Gillian-B
28-06-2004, 13:02
Hi Andy,

From the UK, the code is 001.

AndyC
28-06-2004, 13:05
Thanks Gillian,

Do I just add 001 to the number, or does the first digit of the number drop off like the zero does in uk

caroline
28-06-2004, 13:20
Just add the 001

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
28-06-2004, 13:29
All US phone numbers are in the format xxx-yyy-zzzz. The xxx is known as the area code and for a lot of the Orlando area this is 407.

If you want to dial a US number from the UK, just add a 001 on to the front of the full number above.

phaedra
28-06-2004, 15:22
Have a look here before you phone, you can get phone calls to the USA for 1p per min. It does work!, quite a few people I know have been using it for several months with huge savings :D

http://www.telediscount.co.uk/index2.php

CarolAnn
28-06-2004, 18:55
Well you got the code to dial from the UK Andy, but are you not suspicious of the phone no? What part of the States is it supposed to be?

Sharon G
28-06-2004, 20:36
CarolAnn,

I think Andy was just using those numbers as an example of the format the telephone number he was given came as!!!!:D
................forgive if I,m wrong.

Sharon

AndyC
28-06-2004, 21:09
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
Well you got the code to dial from the UK Andy, but are you not suspicious of the phone no? What part of the States is it supposed to be?
[/quote]

Many thanks for your replies, the number was just a format as the actual number is of the villa we will be staying at and will leave it with relatives in UK if they need to get in touch with us.

I would have posted the "real" tel number but now knowing just how friendly and chatty you lot are you might all want to come around for a laze by the pool, we would of course be accomodating...if fact we do have one spare day on the itinery:D:D:D

Sharon G
29-06-2004, 01:10
Originally quoted by Andy
"I would have posted the "real" tel number but now knowing just how friendly and chatty you lot are you might all want to come around for a laze by the pool, we would of course be accomodating...if fact we do have one spare day on the itinery"

When's the BBQ then Andy?????

AndyC
29-06-2004, 01:18
Nice one Sharon.....thought that there would be more takers, well still a few weeks to go and barbies on standby...that is providing everyone likes bananas! (previous post) tho don't let on to the villa owner[msnwink]

rogerdunnaker
05-10-2009, 14:18
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by phaedra
Have a look here before you phone, you can get phone calls to the USA for 1p per min. It does work!, quite a few people I know have been using it for several months with huge savings :D

http://www.telediscount.co.uk/index2.php[/quote]This is not strictly correct, although you only pay the rate quoted to that company what you have missed is the rate that you will be charged by your provider, whether it be BT or someone else, for the call to the "access number" that they call it, and looking at the numbers listed, most of them could be quite expensive.

An example:-

Calling the USA, access code 0844 I think it was, charge 4p per minute from your UK provider, their charge for the call 1p per minute, total charge 5p per minute. You can actually get bona fide calls to the US for around 2 to 2.5p per minute.

If the country that you are calling has for example a 09 number, you could find yourself paying a connection charge up to £1 before you start, up to 99p per minute charged by your UK provider, and then this companies charges.

A good deal, no I dont think so.

14 years running a telecoms company.

Karen
05-10-2009, 15:14
I suggest you look at www.18185.co.uk You pre register with a credit card then can register your families phone numbers on. They then add 18185 before the 001 and it is charged at 0.5 pence a minute, no other charges. I use this for UK calls, just a 5p connection charge for as long as you talk. It is also cheaper for mobile numbers to.

And Andy, I would love to come to your BBQ, but I would have to get a flight first [msnwink]

ellie
05-10-2009, 16:06
Wow, this is a really old thread that has been resurrected! [msnwink]

Karen
05-10-2009, 17:09
Now I understand why I could not find Andy's other post [msnwink]

AndyC
05-10-2009, 17:19
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Karen

And Andy, I would love to come to your BBQ, but I would have to get a flight first [msnwink][/quote][msncry][msncry]been waiting nearly five years for you to show, and only turned off the BBQ last month:D

ellie
05-10-2009, 18:01
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Karen
Now I understand why I could not find Andy's other post [msnwink][/quote]Looks like you never found his addresss, either, Karen. I am afraid the burgers are well and truly burned now. Tut tut.:D

Karen
05-10-2009, 18:17
I like burnt burgers :D

emma jane
08-11-2009, 14:13
Hi everyone

2 questions if i may :D what would work out the chepest to phone the uk from a mobile pay and go from orlando, and also to phone Orlando from a contract phone from the uk

Would it be cheper to buy a sim card in orlando just a thougt any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Emma

Robert5988
08-11-2009, 14:35
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Hi everyone

2 questions if i may what would work out the chepest to phone the uk from a mobile pay and go from orlando, and also to phone Orlando from a contract phone from the uk

Would it be cheper to buy a sim card in orlando just a thougt any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Emma[/quote]

There are loads of very cheap ways to call to UK/USA both ways from landlines. from around 1p a min.

Calling from the USA with a USA pay as you go mobile normally costs upwards of 10c/min to call a 'free' 800 and then 1p or 2p a min.

Using a UK mobile phone (calling, or receiving calls) in the USA costs a fortune.

To call the USA from a UK contract phone depends on the cost of your UK-UK calls and add 1p or so for the USA.