PDA

View Full Version : What to do at the weekends . . .

Achilles2k
28-06-2004, 03:41
We are off in 52 days and I am planning the intinerary. have used the 'brits guide' and found it invaluable as this is our first trip to florida - we are all VERY excited :D:D:D. The guide gives a table showing which days are busy/quiet at the parks - and just about all the parks are busy sat/sun.

So my question is what is the best plan for the weekends?

Would shopping at the malls/factory outlets be a good idea?

My wife says that as we are going at the end of august there will be no such thing as a 'quiet' day! But I guess there will busy days and busier days [msneek].

Any ideas appreciated. :)

blott
28-06-2004, 03:52
Ever thought that everyone who reads the book probably decides to go on a quiet day and makes it a busy day? [msnwink]

There are piles of things to do... shopping, State parks, Old Town Cruise, Silver Springs, the zoo, Boggy Creek Airboats, Green Meadows Petting Farm (if you've got small kids), the Serpentarium, Kennedy Space Center, chilling out round the pool... how many Saturdays and Sundays have you got? [msnsmile]

You'll have a great time!

Achilles2k
28-06-2004, 04:25
Thanks blott :)

I am sure we will have a great time. There is just soooo much to do. We have already decided not to do the Disney stuff and stick with the universal parks as we want to do more than just the parks. We only have two weeks [msnsad] wish we had 4!! But what am I complaining for?? We are fortunate to have 2 weeks and shouldn't complain [msnembarrased].

Thanks for the ideas. I have some info on some of these and will look out for more. I have been told/warned/advised by friends to build in 'rest days' and while these might go on the calendar/plan/intinerary I am sure that there will be little resting going on [msnsmile2].

There is only actually one weekend 'unplanned' as the first one is taken up with a 2-day trip to Key Largo and probably beyond. Currently booked for Sunday/Monday but now considering changing to Sat/Sun . . .

I am also a keen photographer and will be looking to get pics of the flaura and fauna along with the landscapes and people of Florida. Anything in particular that is a 'do not miss this photo' ?

Cheers,

Nostromo
28-06-2004, 10:36
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Achilles2k
We are off in 52 days and I am planning the intinerary. have used the 'brits guide' and found it invaluable as this is our first trip to florida - we are all VERY excited :D:D:D. The guide gives a table showing which days are busy/quiet at the parks - and just about all the parks are busy sat/sun.

So my question is what is the best plan for the weekends?

Would shopping at the malls/factory outlets be a good idea?

My wife says that as we are going at the end of august there will be no such thing as a 'quiet' day! But I guess there will busy days and busier days [msneek].

Any ideas appreciated. :)
[/quote]

Simon Venness' "Brit Guide" to Orlando is probably the best in the business, but be sure that you are using the 2004 guide. 'Busy days' can vary yearly.

Your wife is right that August is a very busy (and hot!) month, but even then there are busier days at some parks. With WDW, watch out for EMH days (check the guide) and avoid them unless you are going to be a guest at one of the Disney resorts. Weekends are ususally OK at Epcot but avoid the Water Parks at all costs. Saturday is quite busy at the main malls, but Sunday is often acceptable.

Sharon G
28-06-2004, 20:51
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
Ever thought that everyone who reads the book probably decides to go on a quiet day and makes it a busy day? [msnwink]

There are piles of things to do... shopping, State parks, Old Town Cruise, Silver Springs, the zoo, Boggy Creek Airboats, Green Meadows Petting Farm (if you've got small kids), the Serpentarium, Kennedy Space Center, chilling out round the pool... how many Saturdays and Sundays have you got? [msnsmile]

You'll have a great time!
[/quote]

Can anyone tell me where Green Meadows Petting Farm is please??

Thanks
Sharon

blott
28-06-2004, 23:01
We sure can Sharon! It's on Poinciana Boulevard so, if you go along the 192 in the direction of St Cloud (opposite way to the 27 in other words!), turn right opposite RV World (the corner with Perkins on the right side) and go down there a piece, you'll fall over Green Meadows Petting Farm on the right side.

Their phone number is (407) 846-0770 They do two hour tours which begin continuously between:
9:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.

Farm open until 5:30 p.m.

PRICES
ADULT OR CHILD TICKET $18.00
CHILD TWO AND UNDER FREE
SENIOR CITIZENS $14.00
FLORIDA RESIDENTS $16.00
GROUPS OF TWENTY OR MORE $10.00
OUR RATES INCLUDE ALL ACTIVITIES

More than 300 Animals. Information about pigs, cows, goats, sheep, chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese and donkeys. Picnic areas for those bringing a lunch. Pony rides for children. Tractor-drawn hayride. Beverages, snacks and souvenirs available. Little Red Wagons available for "Little Farmers" A Ride on the Green Meadows Express!

Oh, and apparently everyone gets to milk a cow!

Sharon G
29-06-2004, 01:06
Sounds great!!!My children love the animals and will be great to visit next time.

Thanks Blott , your a wealth of knowledge.[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Sharon

sarahjk
29-06-2004, 03:15
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:I am also a keen photographer and will be looking to get pics of the flaura and fauna along with the landscapes and people of Florida. Anything in particular that is a 'do not miss this photo' ?[/quote]

Hi Nigel

You havent mentioned Sea World but if you are going I would say that Shamu and the dolphins are real not too miss photo's
Also Kennedy if you are going

But there are so many it is hard to pick out if you get to see a night storm the lightning pictures are great as well and as you are going in August you should get a couple

This topic could go on forever there are soo many

You will have a great and magical time I know we did the first time and every time since

Sarah

Cruella DeVilla
29-06-2004, 15:56
Every day is the same!!! You will forget what the day and date is!