PDA

View Full Version : Looking to work in davenport area

CAZ J
28-06-2004, 03:06
Hi me and my husband are hoping to move out in two years time. we are buying a business but i want to still work in childcare where i am nearly qualified at NVQ3 level i have been in childcare for nearly ten years. can i get a job in this field?

chrizzy100
28-06-2004, 03:25
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CAZ J
Hi me and my husband are hoping to move out in two years time. we are buying a business but i want to still work in childcare where i am nearly qualified at NVQ3 level i have been in childcare for nearly ten years. can i get a job in this field?
[/quote]

Working with kids and old people means you have to have a back ground check.....which a lot of places may find hard to do if you've lived in the UK.....I know I was only going to be taken on as an asst teacher because I had a greencard......and so I'd just had an FBI check.....I had no trouble walking into a job working at the school with young babies...and kids under 2.....I did train at a nanny over 20 years before.....but had no proof of that.......I don't know if that helps........

steph_goodrum
28-06-2004, 11:59
Doesn't it depend on your visa status as well? I thought you could only work for the business if you were an E2 visa holder.
I know recently Julie (Esprit) mentioned that her son couldn't even get a Saturday job as the child of an E2 visa holder.
I'm not sure of all the regs but I think there is some way that if a certain percentage of the business is in your name then you are entitled to work in your own right but I'm sure someone will know correctly.

CAZ J
28-06-2004, 18:42
Hi i would not put my name on the business. other wise that is what i tied to/

thanks

esprit
29-06-2004, 05:52
Provided that you are less than 50% owner of the business, you will be an E2 dependant spouse and can apply for dispensation to work which takes 3-6 months to come through. You can then apply for jobs like an American would though you will need to research whether your childcare qualification is valid in the US. E2 spouses can work, E2 dependant kids cannot.

CAZ J
05-07-2004, 23:48
can any one tell who i contact to see if my childcare qualification is valid in America? I am qualificated as a creche working City and Guilds 2 = NVQ2 in Childcare.

I am nearly finished my NVQ3 in Early years ages from birth to 8

;)

esprit
06-07-2004, 02:04
Did a search and this came up:

Florida Child Care Training System. A web-based application used to track all of the state-mandated training for child care personnel in the state.

For more information contact the Florida Department of Children and Families at dcf-osc@dcf.state.fl.us

smor
10-07-2004, 05:18
Hi Julie

Would appreciate your advice. We are looking into the move and want to go the green card rather than the E2 as I have read some of your posts that point out how difficult it can be on E2.

You said in your post that if you go out as the spouse of an E2 visa holder that you can work as a normal American. Does this mean that it could lead to a green card eventually for the E2 spouse?

Thanks

esprit
10-07-2004, 08:07
No you are working on a work permit as an E2 dependant which still isnt on a green card track. To get on green card route, you would need a degree or many years experience in the type of work you are doing and then your employer would need to apply for labour certification to say that there is no American that could do your job and then sponsor you for H1B ( note they are capped at 65,000 pa and go really quickly) and you would need to change statis to H1b. It is a time consumung process and a lot of hassle and there is no real incentive for your employer to do so if you are working for him anyway.

smor
10-07-2004, 11:28
So if someone got a job as a E2 dependant they could then switch to a H1B visa if the employer was agreeable.

chrizzy100
10-07-2004, 13:23
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by smor
So if someone got a job as a E2 dependant they could then switch to a H1B visa if the employer was agreeable.
[/quote]

If they had a degree or the 12 years experience ........

CAZ J
29-07-2004, 17:10
Hi Julie

I have e-mailed a couple of times to find out what my qualifications in childcare is from the e-mail you gave me.with no luck

does any one else know who i can contact please

many thanks Caz j