PDA

View Full Version : kids

derek gibson
28-06-2004, 00:37
hi can anybody help please we are hopfully moving out to kissimmee in june 2006 to take on a business and our son will be 20 years old he want's to go to the disney academy but somebody has told us that he will be deported at the age of 21 is this true thanks

Ray&Sarah
28-06-2004, 00:42
We think it depends on the type of visa you get. There are quite a few threads on the forum so you could do a search using the link at the top of the page.:)

derek gibson
28-06-2004, 00:50
thanks for that we will are looking at them now but lots of different stories not to sure
thanks

chrizzy100
28-06-2004, 02:13
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by derek gibson
hi can anybody help please we are hopfully moving out to kissimmee in june 2006 to take on a business and our son will be 20 years old he want's to go to the disney academy but somebody has told us that he will be deported at the age of 21 is this true thanks
[/quote]

It can be true.....and it does happen.....he needs to have a visa in his own right at 21......if hes at school then it could be different....Esprit would be the best one to answer that one.....or I'm sure there is info about it here if you do a search......

derek gibson
28-06-2004, 02:32
thanks for that,don't supose you know anything about the disney academy thanks

esprit
29-06-2004, 06:14
Is it ro learn about animation?? I tried it on google and not much came up.
A child can only be an E2 dependant if he is under 18 or under 21 and in full time education. At 20, he would need a college place or he will likely not be included on your visa or if he is, only till 21. At 21, he will need to convert to F1 student status which is indepedant of your business visa status. You need to prove you have significant funds to put him through college to get this, I dont know enough about Disney academy to say whether you would get F1 to study there. Is it a proper college?
Why 2006?? I think your son would have a better chance of staying here and of integrating if he came now as an 18 year old rather than as a 20 year old. Plus they are tightening up on the visas all the time.

derek gibson
29-06-2004, 22:21
hi julie the reason its 2006 when we come out , is when the chap retires and i take over, i wish it was now but!!!!!!! least it gives us time to get things sorted and pester all you kind people with these questions :)hopfully we wil find out more about whats best for our son ,he still has two year left at performing arts course at collage