PDA

View Full Version : River Country - may remain closed

imported_n/a
03-09-2002, 22:00
River Country has been closed for a while now and Disney are not planning to re-open this year but will consider it next year if they feel there is a demand - won't hear me shouting for it!!

tinkerbell
05-09-2002, 16:50
I think it would be a great shame not to open River Country again, I've only been once out of 6 visits to florida, but I did enjoy it!!!

I do think that they have to rethink their entrane fee though, it is a waste if you can spend the day at BB ot TL for the same price!!

Tink

esprit
05-09-2002, 18:50
I think you just said it, Tinkerbell. " I have only been once out of six visits to Florida". I have only been once out of a hell of s lot more visits than that! I dont think they were attracting a lot of custom, not enough to bother keeping it open as the newer water parks have stolen its thunder. A while ago, we were on a tour round the Disney resort area ( we do that occasionally since a neighbour who works there told us you can use the transportation and eat in the restaurants no questions asked) and we took the boat over to Fort Wilderness. River Country was open then though you would not think so to see the number of people in it. It was hardly worth opening for them.

Julie Carty

imported_n/a
06-09-2002, 02:15
Was River Country suitable for children of all ages or only for younger children? We tried to go in July 2000 but it was closed due to impending bad weather.
Jane

tinkerbell
06-09-2002, 15:26
I wouldn't really say it was suitable for young children, most of the slides were for more grown up children although I cant remember if there was a kiddies area?? Must have been!!

Tink