PDA

View Full Version : Mail-in Rebate

lamina
25-06-2004, 11:48
while spending a lovely christmas in Kissimmee, i noticed that many adverts ( tv and newspapers )give a price 'after coupons and mail-in rebates' . so can someone tell me what a mail-in rebate is please and what are the chances of getting this discount, as some of the mobile phone prices were pretty good at the time?

DaveL
25-06-2004, 12:42
A coupon rebate is a price reduction that you get in the shop and a mail in rebate is one you need to send in a proof of purchase like your till receipt and bar code from the box.

You need a U.S. mailing address and they can take up to 3 months to process. If you have a good management company ( I do ) they will let you use there address and send you the rebate cheques with your statement.

Regards Dave

blott
25-06-2004, 16:24
These are not normally much good to you unless you're either living in the US or own a home there as you need a US address and bank account to take advantage of them.

If you're a visitor, then pricing items up without taking into account the mail in rebate is a better idea altogether. I take it you know that most of the mobile phones on sale there won't work in the UK in the same way that only triband UK phones work in the US?

lamina
26-06-2004, 20:59
thanks for the replies.. thought it would be something like that[msnsad]
Blott, the phone i was looking at was a tri-band but never mind guess i'll try and get one over here for the next time we go over..
hopefully early next year[msnsmile]