PDA

View Full Version : Best hotel location for nightlife

CGillie1
24-06-2004, 15:32
Just booked flights for Orlando in August and I want to book my hotel this week... our group is 4 24 year old girls and we want accommodation that is well located for nightlife... can anyone offer any advice please?
Do you have to be staying in a Disney Hotel to visit Pleasure Island?
And do you need a Disney pass for PI or can you pay to get in seperately?
Thanx!

NickClark
24-06-2004, 17:02
Forget Pleasure Island and get yourself to City Walk at Universal. Choice of 3 hotels on site.

1. Hard Rock Hotel
2. Portefino Bay
3. **CANT REMEMBER, (Too Drunk)[:I]

Carla
24-06-2004, 17:25
You could also stay on any of the North International Drive hotels too, as these are within easy reach of City Walk. There are some great places in downtown Orlando too with plenty of life where you'll meet locals rather than just tourists.

Unless you are hiring a car I wouldn't stay at a Disney hotel as you'll then be paying taxis to get you to the clubs etc.. Anyone can visit Pleasure Island, you don't have to stay in one of their hotels.

bellaepovera
24-06-2004, 22:10
You dont have to stay in the Disney hotels to go to Pleasure Island but if you dont have a car many hotels offer shuttle services. Pleasure Island is loads of fun and I saw back then they were not charging to get in there but not sure about that...

Nostromo
24-06-2004, 23:10
If you stay in one of the I-drive hotels, you will be more or less equidistant from both Pleasure Island and City Walk. At PI, everything is close-by and so you can 'club-hop' and decide where you want to spend most time. Whatever you do, do not miss Latin Quarter at City Walk on a FRIDAY night. If you book a table for around 8:30pm (you HAVE to book), you can have a great Latin meal and then at 11pm the place transforms into a nightclub. You'll get Latin guys offering to give impromptu Salsa and Tango lessons for free.

Another great place to go in City Walk is Pat O'Brien's.

Cruella DeVilla
25-06-2004, 01:11
I saw kids going into the clubs in Pleasure Island last week.......no thanks. I think City Walk is more grown up. We spent the Millenium at a gig in the HRC and it was brill. We then went to City walk and it is kicking!! As mentioned P O'B is good. Best nightlife I have had in Florida was in Miami but it is a fair treck for a night out!!!
CDV

Nostromo
25-06-2004, 10:56
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
I saw kids going into the clubs in Pleasure Island last week.......no thanks. I think City Walk is more grown up. [/quote]

But CGillie1 says that her group consists of four 24-year-old women! They should be able to fit-in in any club o PI or CW.

CGillie1
25-06-2004, 13:34
Thanks guys!
This is really helpful. We were thinking of International Drive as it sounded central to everything and these messages have just made my mind up! Wow Friday nights in the Latin place sound a must!

Nostromo
25-06-2004, 14:33
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[i]
Wow Friday nights in the Latin place sound a must!
[/quote]

It is, but be sure to book well in advance. Do not be disheatened if the booking office staff sound a bit uncomprehending; there are some whose command of English is limited.

Cruella DeVilla
25-06-2004, 17:26
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
I saw kids going into the clubs in Pleasure Island last week.......no thanks. I think City Walk is more grown up. [/quote]

But CGillie1 says that her group consists of four 24-year-old women! They should be able to fit-in in any club o PI or CW.
[/quote]

You miss my point....... who would want to go to a club with kids in, no thanks.[}:)]
CDV

bridget
26-06-2004, 20:31
If you want a decent club get a taxi into Downtown Orlando (shouldn't be too expensive if there's 4 of you) and go to Icon. I think on Thursdays ladies get in free until midnight. City Walk isn't proper nightlife to be honest.
[msnsmile2]

Seminole
27-07-2004, 03:10
For nightlife outside of the attractions and to mix a little with the locals try Bar Orlando (25 N. Orange Avenue) and Cairo 22 South Magnolia Avenue, both in Downtown Orlando.