PDA

View Full Version : Lindfields

scamhammer
24-06-2004, 15:27
What sort of communal facilities are there in the Lindfields community? Is the owners association good at maintaining high standards?

huckleberry house
24-06-2004, 18:14
Scamhammer

Are you asking as a renter or potential owner ?

Lesley

24-06-2004, 22:09
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by scamhammer
What sort of communal facilities are there in the Lindfields community? Is the owners association good at maintaining high standards?

[/quote]

I have stayed here many times - no communal facilities. One thing I did not like was the bins were out 24/7! Then the racoon would get at them and leave mess everywhere!

Silver Dollar
25-06-2004, 22:57
Lindfields was comfortable but you can't even begin to compare it to somewhere like Emerald Island, Windsor Palms etc. It's basically just a place to lay your head. No entertainment there.

DaveL
26-06-2004, 14:22
I don't own on Lindfields so feel free to add my unbaised view.

The area has always seemed well kept when I have been there and I certainly don't recall the trash cans being out all the time. Most areas have rules against this anyway.

The area has what 90% of renters want; well maintained private villas and pools while communal facilities are nice most people there for a 2 week holiday are to busy to use them.

Regards Dave

blott
26-06-2004, 16:53
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Silver Dollar
Lindfields was comfortable but you can't even begin to compare it to somewhere like Emerald Island, Windsor Palms etc. It's basically just a place to lay your head. No entertainment there.
[/quote]I don't think anyone was comparing it Silver Dollar just asking a question about it and I don't own there either.

As Dave has said, not everyone is looking for communal facilities, some actually want some peace and quiet and relaxation during their Florida visits!

I've stayed at Lindfields and it's a very nice area with some lovely homes with private pools. I've also been there recently (in May 2004) and it still seemed to me to be a very nice community which is well laid out with a good mixture of residential and rental homes.

SunLover
26-06-2004, 19:11
We own on Lindfields and chose to buy there after much searching through numerous communities, because of the peace and tranquility it offers.

We find it to be a great mix of both rental and residential, so it has a really nice community feeling about it. It's great to have permanent neighbours who become friends, and are always willing to keep an eye on your property when you are not there.

Not all holiday makers want or need 24/7 activities, and as we are so close to all the magic and excitement of Disney, we find the majority of our guests are actually looking for somewhere to stay that is conveniently close, yet at the same time, away from all the hussle and bustle.

We have never had any problems renting, and our guest feedback has always been excellent.

As we always say, there is something out there to suit every taste.

Lindfields is the perfect example of that freedom of choice.

:D

27-06-2004, 02:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by DaveL
I don't own on Lindfields so feel free to add my unbaised view.

The area has always seemed well kept when I have been there and I certainly don't recall the trash cans being out all the time. Most areas have rules against this anyway.

The area has what 90% of renters want; well maintained private villas and pools while communal facilities are nice most people there for a 2 week holiday are to busy to use them.

Regards Dave
[/quote]

I have stayed on Picadilly Circle for the last 5 years and believe me the bins were out 24/7!! I was told it because there's no HOA?? Apart from that it was a nice area.:)

Silver Dollar
29-06-2004, 07:21
I know no one mentioned Emerald Island or Windsor Palms except me but for the average family I believe who is holidaying in Orlando with kids, like me for example, you would want decent on site amenities for the days when you don't feel like going out or for the days when you come back early and want the kids to be able to be self-entertained without you having to watch them all the time as well. Lindfields does have some nice houses, I've stayed on there but even so they are still pretty basic compared to the newer developments. I'm not dogging it for one second, I enjoyed my time there, but even as an adult I do appreciate resorts with amenities for me too...like on site coffee shops/small tuck shops, pool tables, pools, gyms etc. Vacations are usually the only time you have to enjoy those sort of things at your leisure anyway. Just a thought.

orlandobabe
03-07-2004, 20:26
I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Lindfields Siver Dollar.

I think that is the beauty of the Orlando/Kissimmee area that there is a community for everyone.

One of the reasons we chose Lindfields apart from it's proximity to Disney is the fact that it didn't have a HOA-whereas they do have their good points- it's also a golden opportunity for some individuals to behave every pettily-we get enough of that jobsworth attitude in the UK-to have to deal with it in Florida as well.

As regards communal facilities on most vacations I find that we have every little time to use our own pool and games room never mind going to a communal one-but then obviously for some guests it is a big attraction.

tezz7628
04-07-2004, 13:15
hoa??????

caroline
04-07-2004, 13:52
Home Owners Association:)

04-07-2004, 14:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by orlandobabe

I think that is the beauty of the Orlando/Kissimmee area that there is a community for everyone.

One of the reasons we chose Lindfields apart from it's proximity to Disney is the fact that it didn't have a HOA-whereas they do have their good points- it's also a golden opportunity for some individuals to behave every pettily-we get enough of that jobsworth attitude in the UK-to have to deal with it in Florida as well.

As regards communal facilities on most vacations I find that we have every little time to use our own pool and games room never mind going to a communal one-but then obviously for some guests it is a big attraction.
[/quote]

I have to agree with you, so if anyone has a villa with a treadmill let me know!!![:I]

tezz7628
04-07-2004, 21:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caroline
Home Owners Association:)
[/quote]

taaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Silver Dollar
05-07-2004, 06:10
I admit, Lindfields was very peaceful, like I said I loved the style of the houses, the one we had was not too big, just right and lovely corner lot...but I did miss things to do in the evening to entertain myself when I didn't feel energetic enough to drive somewhere. The telly just isn't enough.

chrizzy100
05-07-2004, 07:10

[/quote]

I'm not a fan of HOAs and we run one.......they are a law unto themselves.......and not really needed......our one is no longer active.....and law and order did not breakdown......

SunLover
05-07-2004, 08:11
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Silver Dollar
I admit, Lindfields was very peaceful, like I said I loved the style of the houses, the one we had was not too big, just right and lovely corner lot...but I did miss things to do in the evening to entertain myself when I didn't feel energetic enough to drive somewhere. The telly just isn't enough.
[/quote]

Whilst , as I have already said, we purchased on Lindfields because of the peace and tranquility it offers, it doesn't mean that our guests have to be bored when they are at the villa.

We provide them with an internet connected PC (free of charge), PS2 plus games, a large selection of family board games, a dvd and vhs movie library, a music cd library, a huge collection of books, and of course 3 big old tv's !

The great thing about sites like OV and it's sister sites is the freedom to really check off on your holiday wish list what is important to you. After all, if we were all the same and provided exactly the same facilities, it wouldn't be any fun at all !

:D

Silver Dollar
07-07-2004, 07:07
Like I said, lovely houses but if you are on holiday you don't necessarily want your kids in the house all the time driving you up the wall. They get bored with it. I've had many houses really well equipped only to find the kids weren't impressed they wanted to be in clubhouses etc with other kids. That's why we're back at Windsor Palms

esprit
07-07-2004, 08:35
You get a lot of sq footage for your money on Lindfields. Some of the three beds there are much bigger than 4 beds elsewehere. It is a mature residential area. Windsor Palms and Emerald Isle are resort areas. You cannot really compare the two. You will get more of a feel of being in America on Lindfields because there is a fair proportion of permanent residents. But less resort style communal facilities. It really depends what you want. It is well located to Disney and the homes rent very well. Lindfields is quite spread out and has distinct areas. Some of the streets are nicer than others, But that is the same everywhere.

ClareC
07-07-2004, 14:32
Silver Dollar, isn't that the great thing. There's something to suit everyone. I am pleased you have found a community that you really like but it wouldn't neccessarily be the top of everyone's list. Although there are community facilities where our villa is we never use them.

When we're not at the Parks we just really enjoy having time together as a family. The children like nothing better than playing in the pool or playing board games with us in the evenings. We never seem to have much time for this sort of thing when we're at home as they're always so busy so we really treasure our holidays when we can all be together. I would hate it if they wanted to go off and do their own thing.

caroline
07-07-2004, 14:50
I'm with Clare, we go on holiday to spend time with our children.
I'm far more interested in a villa with facilities that we can enjoy together.

chrizzy100
07-07-2004, 18:27
We go away to spend time together.......my kids go to the poolhall....etc at home with friends.....we also have tennis...baseball fields......BBQ area .....basketball.....playground where we live full time....my kids never use it.......

So I looked for peaceful....and I go out for fun......:D

Silver Dollar
08-07-2004, 03:35
I agree Lindfields is lovely, don't get me wrong.

hughesm1
12-07-2004, 01:30
We have just spent a fortnight in Florida at Easter and spent some of this time at a hotel up at the Florida Mall, which was a very upmarket hotel but cant compete with spending time in a private villa. We also had a taste of life in a condo on the new Wyndham palms resort, and this has put us off condos completely. The condo was wonderfully furnished but noisy! you could hear the people in the corridors, and up in the condo above. the facilities were Ok, but to be honest we hardly used them cos we were too tired from being woken up by the early rising people up above!

Give us a villa on a small estate any day, where you can just relax with your family, and have a little peace and quiet. Lindfields along with lots of other estates in that area are quite adequate for a family holiday.

andy and ann hales
13-07-2004, 14:25
Hi

We love owning on Lindfields because we feel like part of a community.

We now know a lot of the people who live in our area.

Its like going home now when we visit.

orlandobabe
18-07-2004, 02:34
Lal-we don't quite run to a treadmill (pun intended) but we do actually have an exercise bike!

We villa owners think of everything-lol!

18-07-2004, 15:12
Lal-we don't quite run to a treadmill (pun intended) but we do actually have an exercise bike!

We villa owners think of everything-lol!
[/quote]

That's great I shall remember that for future ref!

Lucy

orlandobabe
16-08-2004, 03:27
Anyone going out to a Lindfields villa in the next day or two should be pretty much ok.

It was slightly to the west of the main hurricane path-and although it got some heavy winds-I don't think it got the full brunt of the force.

I have spoken to several owners on Lindfields and damage appears to be minimal-mainly pool screens ripped by flying branches etc. Phones were on all of the time -and the power was quickly restored.

HTH

chunkichik
26-01-2005, 20:48
I will be staying on Lindfields in October. I have to admit, having previously stayed at Westridge, Indian Creek and Lake Berkley, I couldn't even tell you whether they were communal facilities!!!!

We have never had board games, books, ps2 just the television and felt this was all we needed, if we're at home, we're usually in the pool!!!

In fact, I have only just discovered that the 3 bedroom we are staying in has the master downstairs and the further two bedrooms and a loft room/gamesroom upstairs, it will be nice to send the boys UP to bed as we do at home!!

MaggieAllan
26-01-2005, 22:41
the first villa we ever stayed in was on Lindfields...jaws dropped for the first half an hour looking round...sounds similar design to the one chunkichik describes. that's a few years back now, but I think the best bit is that they are in a very good location, handy for disney especially and the Formosa/spendid china area...hint use funie steed road to cut through.

Sally D
27-01-2005, 02:21
On both our previous trips we stayed at Linfields. We really liked it there, so peaceful but only minutes away from the 192. We stayed in the same villa both times and the only reason we are not going to stay there in October is because we thought we would try somewhere else.
Have gone for Liberty Village this time.

thistle1314
27-01-2005, 13:47
Sally D - we've stayed in Lindfields on our previous 3 visits and its an ideal location and was very peaceful. We've booked to stay at Westridge in July - also just fancied a changed so I was wondering if anybody can tell me the pros and cons between the 2 areas. How far from Lindfields to Westridge. I've not had the time yet to check where Westridge is!!! but I believe its off the 192 also.

Many thanks. [msnsmile]

chunkichik
27-01-2005, 15:47
Westridge is on the 27, about 15-20 mins to disney? we stayed there in 2000, its the furthest out we have stayed others being Lake Berkley and Indian Creek.

It was nice and quite though, very pleasant, and I believe there is a new Wal-mart up that way!!!!

Anita

LiesaAnna
27-01-2005, 17:02
yes the new walmart was our second home![msnwink] its along just after the turn off for the 192, all very closish! we stayed at florida pines the next turning along from westridge
hope you enjoy it!

orlandobabe
31-01-2005, 03:04
It's about 6 miles from Lindfields to Westridge.

Then Lindfields is about 5 miles from the entrance to Disney.

thistle1314
31-01-2005, 14:58
Thank you all so much for this information. I've got a clearer picture in my head now regards timing from Disney / Lindfields to Westridge. Many thank. [msnsmile]

E. Cosgrove
31-01-2005, 15:13
You will be fine at Westridge. The first few times we visited we stayed at Indian Wells which is between the 192 and 535, very close to Disney. When we sayed at Lake Davenport ( on the 27 not far from Westridge) we initially thought we were miles away and were quite dismayed. After being there for 24 hours we realised we were just as happy with our location, the journey to the parks was easy and we got to see other parts of the 192...until then we thought that very little existed, only the area between Old Town and the Disney turn off!![msneek]
Have great trip <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by thistle1314
Thank you all so much for this information. I've got a clearer picture in my head now regards timing from Disney / Lindfields to Westridge. Many thank. [msnsmile]
[/quote]

caroline
31-01-2005, 15:22
You don't need to go up to the 192 to get from Westridge to Disney, just hop on the 14 at Champions Gate at then 4 miles later you're at World Drive:)