PDA

View Full Version : Green swamp?

scamhammer
24-06-2004, 15:25
I notice on what seems to be an old map of Orlando that many vacation homes on Highway 27 seem to have been built on a area call 'Green Swamp'. Are there any signs left of this swampland?

blott
24-06-2004, 16:42
Practically the whole of Florida is built on reclaimed swamp actually! The Green Swamp has given its name to a new parkway road which is currently under construction I believe.

steph_goodrum
24-06-2004, 16:59
I was reading a book about Florida the other day and Green Swamp is one of the largest areas left of natural vegetation , I think. I'vew lent the book to someone else but will see if I can find it. It is to the west of Highway 27. As Blott says Green Swamp Parkway is planned to run parallel with the 27 for some of its length.
You could try a search on google.

steph_goodrum
24-06-2004, 18:11
Found this link but there are many others.
[website link edited]

Ian Dee
24-06-2004, 23:30
Steph & Blott
as Calabay Parc, four Corners Tuscan ridge etc may be affected by the so called Green Swamp Parkway, have you any CONCRETE evidence that it is actulllay going to be built or is it on Jeb Bush's widh list. That link you gave Steph was interesting but not a lot of hard information about the green Swamp Parkway itself. I have an old map that is supposed to gibve the route but it IS old and not of a big scale.:)

steph_goodrum
25-06-2004, 01:27
Ian
I'll try and find the info about the Green Swamp Parkway, the link I gave referred to the Green Swamp because the was what Scamhammer had asked about not the road.

I think it was on a Polk website I was reading because I was looking and trying to find out if they had set the timescales for widening the 27 to 6 lanes. I'm sure both had already been approved but will check.

blott
25-06-2004, 02:17
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ian Dee
Steph & Blott
as Calabay Parc, four Corners Tuscan ridge etc may be affected by the so called Green Swamp Parkway, have you any CONCRETE evidence that it is actulllay going to be built or is it on Jeb Bush's widh list. That link you gave Steph was interesting but not a lot of hard information about the green Swamp Parkway itself. I have an old map that is supposed to gibve the route but it IS old and not of a big scale.:)
[/quote]Ian, if you want to discuss the Parkway and if/how it will affect STR communities, this might be better done in the Owners' area of the forum and not in the Guest area?

Ian Dee
25-06-2004, 02:50
Blott
yes I agree, sorry.
[msnsad]

mr flibble
25-06-2004, 14:19
Hi:)
STAY OUT OF THE SWAMP !!!!!!!!!:(:(:(:(
It`s Kermits home you know[msnwink]
Ian

Quanah