PDA

View Full Version : Miami Airport with Mini Me

Oscar1
23-06-2004, 23:36
Hi all,
Its that time again, a year ago i got your advice on Orlando Airport, all your input was much appreciated.
Now we are going to be travelling to Miami Airport and then on to Orlando.
Again Mini Me is our main concern, to try and make her trip as easy as possible. She will be 19 mths and likes to run[msnscared]
Your advice will be much appreciated.
Oscar

blott
24-06-2004, 02:14
Miami is one of the busiest airports in the world so if she runs, you might have a problem! :D We used to have reins to keep kids from getting lost but these days the wrist bands with a link to either Mum or Dad are a good idea (or a pushchair).

24-06-2004, 10:33
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Oscarsvilla
Hi all,
Its that time again, a year ago i got your advice on Orlando Airport, all your input was much appreciated.
Now we are going to be travelling to Miami Airport and then on to Orlando.
Again Mini Me is our main concern, to try and make her trip as easy as possible. She will be 19 mths and likes to run[msnscared]
Your advice will be much appreciated.
Oscar
[/quote]

Please be on high alert in Miami with mini me, this is not a place to let children out of your sight or grip for one minute! I would keep her firmly straped in to her buggy! I can't stress this enough without scaring you.

GarethP
24-06-2004, 13:22
I must also agree.

we travelled into Miami in April and were glad we didn't have the kids with us...

24-06-2004, 14:41
P.S This also applies when in the parks - not all who visit are fun loving holiday makers, if you know what I mean.

chrizzy100
24-06-2004, 18:22
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lal
P.S This also applies when in the parks - not all who visit are fun loving holiday makers, if you know what I mean.
[/quote]

I will second that.....I've lived through the lost of children at Disney with a workmate of my mother in laws......never ever let them out your sight.......I never knew the woman that well.....but that time has live with me for all these years....I still can't pass the roundabout there...I try to work around the park without seeing it......

24-06-2004, 21:58
I know of a family that lost 2 children coming off Space Mountain in a child snatching scam - if anyone (even a women) offers to watch one child while you look for another - DON'T!

Oscar1
24-06-2004, 23:04
Im very protective over mini-me, when she was born I started giving her boxing lessons. Once she is old enough I will let her train with me and teach her the art of ninjitsu. As for someone trying to snatch her, they would have to get past 15 stone, 6ft 3in of me.
As for miami airport, the fact that it is very busy doesnt install much confidance in me.
I thought Orlando was bad, so how does it rate against that.

24-06-2004, 23:09
Im very protective over mini-me, when she was born I started giving her boxing lessons. Once she is old enough I will let her train with me and teach her the art of ninjitsu. As for someone trying to snatch her, they would have to get past 15 stone, 6ft 3in of me.
As for miami airport, the fact that it is very busy doesnt install much confidance in me.
I thought Orlando was bad, so how does it rate against that.
[/quote]

Miami is much much busier than Orlando in my opinion. I have flown into most Floridian airports, Miami, Orlando, Tampa, Fort Lauderdale and Miami is my least favourite.

Oscar1
24-06-2004, 23:33
So how bad is Miami Airport, what should we expect when we get there. What makes it so bad?

janny
25-06-2004, 00:05
One way to help if you think your child is prone to get lost and you have a digital camera is to take a photo of them in the morning so you have a record of what they are wearing .In the heat of the moment and panick its easy to forget whether mini me is wearing the mickey t shirt or the goofy shorts whether its the blue on or the green .

25-06-2004, 01:44
So how bad is Miami Airport, what should we expect when we get there. What makes it so bad?

[/quote]

Its not bad its just much busier than the other Floridian aiports, given a choice I would use Orlando.

fiona
25-06-2004, 03:29
We often fly into Miami and don't find it any worse than any other - bit of undesirable area but we won't go into that! In fairness my girls are now 19 and 15 - try flying to Abu Dhabi with a redhead and blonde that age:(.

I would suggest you do what you would do in a shopping centre at home, either reins or a lead or strapped into the buggy. Sensible and cautious approach as sadly one must now do at all times.

It's quicker coming in to Miami because you don't have the double stuff with the suitcases. Majority of signs and spoken language is Spanish.

25-06-2004, 10:42
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by fiona
We often fly into Miami and don't find it any worse than any other - bit of undesirable area but we won't go into that! In fairness my girls are now 19 and 15 - try flying to Abhu Dhabi with a redhead and blonde that age:(.

I would suggest you do what you would do in a shopping centre at home, either rains or a lead or strapped into the buggy. Sensible and cautious approach as sadly one must now do at all times.

It's quicker coming in to Miami because you don't have the double stuff with the suitcases. Majority of signs and spoken language is Spanish.
[/quote]

I would second that!

Oscar1
25-06-2004, 22:03
How long on average does it take to get through all the checks.
We do have a connecting flight to orlando(MCO)an hour after we get off.
Will this be enough time?

26-06-2004, 01:22
Best person to ask is Floridalover he goes in and out of Miami all the time.