PDA

View Full Version : Can you see my bird (avatar)??

LesleyB
23-06-2004, 09:53
Can other people see my avatar? I can't, just the little red cross, unless I hit the back button then the forward button, and it appears. It then disappears again if I go into another thread and I can't view on my profile unless I do the back/forward bit.

Any suggestions (I have the same thing at work on a totally different machine, network)?

I really miss my bird!! [msncry]

Lesley

caroline
23-06-2004, 13:13
Sorry Lesley - no bird visible:(

KevinT
23-06-2004, 13:30
Hi Lesley,
I think your bird has temporarily flown south for the summer! What settings have you put in your avatar section in your profile and which website does it originate from? (DM me or email if you want to and I'll try to help) Don't fret we'll get your bird back!

Kevin.

LesleyB
23-06-2004, 16:57
Thanks Kevin,

I will dm you.:D

Lesley

LesleyB
25-06-2004, 19:59
I've got my bird back, he won't desert me anymore, I've cemented his feet to the page!

Lesley :D

fiona
25-06-2004, 20:51
He doesn't look that happy about it!

KevinT
25-06-2004, 22:53
By all accounts Lesley , you were lucky to get the cement!!! (So that's where its all been going?) Glad he's (she's?) back anyway.:D

KevinT.

LesleyB
27-06-2004, 13:56
It was very poor quality cement and he's gone (aided and abetted by my husband).

I've e-mailed John for help, so now I wait to see whether he comes back or is gone for good.[msncry]

Lesley

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
27-06-2004, 14:16
I have not received your email - could you please re-send to john@floridadreamvilla.co.uk and I'll look at it straight away.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LesleyB
It was very poor quality cement and he's gone (aided and abetted by my husband).

I've e-mailed John for help, so now I wait to see whether he comes back or is gone for good.[msncry]

Lesley
[/quote]

KevinT
27-06-2004, 16:33
Oh Dear Lesley!
You just can't trust these flighty avatars. He's probably off in some "seedy"
area enjoying himself. Liquid nails is quite good for permanently fixing things! My tube says it's good for wood/masonry, plastic/wood etc but doesn't mention parrots or websites!!

Guess you may have to revert to plan B after all! (different gif site)

Hope it gets sorted soon.

Kevin.:D:D

LesleyB
27-06-2004, 17:51
Thanks John - have done so.

Kevin, you do make me laugh - I do miss the old bird though, he's not very sociable, quite rude at times and not house trained yet but I do have a soft spot for him (sounds just like my other half):D

Lesley

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
27-06-2004, 18:24
They you go - you are now a nice blue parrot [msnsmile2]

LesleyB
27-06-2004, 18:58
John - you are a star!!!!!

Lesley