PDA

View Full Version : L1 Visa...........questions

Frosty
23-06-2004, 02:52
I`ve been reading all the visa questions and checked out a link to the immigration website, on there it gives info about an L1 visa.

If i`m reading it right, as long as you are in a managerial position with your UK company you can be eligible to open up an international office and the run it on a L1, is this right ?

If this is right, does the new company have to be in the same field as the UK company and does it have to carry the same name????

Any help most appreciated,[msnwink]

Regards,

Neil

fllion
23-06-2004, 03:09
you can transfer over here on L1 on the back of your UK company
i am doing something completly different ,From what my company is doing back in the UK ,Just get the right advice before you make the move,or you will find out the hard way ,as some so called Visa Att
will glady take your $$ ,and leave you dead ..I know ive met people here ,who was given bad advice

DM me if you need anymore Info

jeffc
23-06-2004, 03:38
fillon is correct there are a lot of people out here who are more than willing to give bad advice for a lot of money...

i am using a british couple based over here for the last 14 years with lots of good advice . if you want more details dm me

esprit
23-06-2004, 07:46
Remember the UK company must be substantual wth employees and must keep trading in the UK all the wya through renewal and to green card which can take years, But you will get a green card from this eventually so it isnt a dead end as E2 is. You can do something totally different. There must be an affiliation betwen the UK and US offices ie branch subsidiary etc ( at least 551 owned. Doesnt have to be the same name but a similar name does evidence affiliation.

fllion
23-06-2004, 15:38
Jeffc
some 1 as to support them ..Millwall fan here
you mind me asking who your using ??? DM maybe we used the same people

FL LION

Frosty
24-06-2004, 00:39
Thanks for taking the time to reply,

I`ve DM all of you, for info.

Knowledge is power.......[msnwink]

Neil