PDA

View Full Version : snorkleing in typhoon lagoon

jovi
23-06-2004, 00:29
Hi, went to Florida in may this year (2004) We went to Typhoon, we were sitting relaxing when all of a sudden my son ( aged 13) came running to us and saying that he swam with sharks!! We managed to carm him down and found out that he had been over to the snorkel area and swam with the fish, rays and baby sharks, we had previously been to typhoon years before and remembered that you had to pay for this pleasure, we all had a go and although the water was freezing it was great, how come this is now a freebie? Also I went to hire a life vest for my youngest son waited in the q for 20 mins and was finally told that you just ask and take one leaving just your name and place of residence[B)]. This also was free. (nice suprise) When did all this change? The last time we were there was April 2001.

trevlad
23-06-2004, 02:48
vick,
we were out in 98 and the reef swim was free then ,also 2003 and this year. dont know bout the life vests for use in the rest of the area though

have i told anyone the typhoon is my favourite park, lately?:D:D

trev

Nostromo
23-06-2004, 12:07
The Shark Reef at TL has always been free once inside the park, as far as I can remember. But we did not go this time cos we had not taken our snorkelling gear. We never borrow or rent outside sorkelling masks.

steph_goodrum
23-06-2004, 12:13
If you go to DC you are given your own snorkel so if you are going to TL you can take them along with you and just use their masks.

jovi
23-06-2004, 13:35
I'm sure when we went last time our relatives went to enquire and was told an amount to pay, which we thought was too much so did not do it:( We have been three times now and am sure all time b4 we have had too pay[:I][?]

mikewj
25-06-2004, 01:59
I don't ever remember paying for the snorkelling, but I don't like the taste of the disinfectant that they wash the mouth pieces with so I haven't done it for a while.

CarolAnn
28-06-2004, 00:32
Nope!Been there 7 times, and never paid for the snokel or jacket b4 Didn't go this year so will look out for that!
At 3yrs, my daughter almost drowned in the big wave pool at TL!!! Scariest moment ever! Now at 11yrs, she is the member of a swim club!
[msneek]