PDA

View Full Version : OLD TOWN

FLORIDAHOME
03-09-2002, 21:15
Old Town is an excellent place to take children of all ages - set out like an 'old style town' with saloon type bars, some general stores - plus fairground rides,bucking broncos, sky dives etc.
Does anyone know what happened to the lazer zone?
Had loads of fun in there!!

athurstance
04-09-2002, 16:37
Just my opinion but I think Old Town has gone very seedy over the last few years. It is now full of discount shops and over-priced fairground rides.
Last time we visited there were lots of youths hanging around the car parks peering into the cars. We decided against stopping for obvious reasons I heard it is an ongoing problem.
If you must visit Old Town lock all your stuff in the trunk (or leave it at the villa).

Angela

janny
16-09-2002, 19:57
Visit www.oldtown.com to see what it has to offer.If you go I dare yo to try the sky rides!

orlandobabe
16-09-2002, 20:47
I agree with you Angela -there definitely seems to be a lot of undesirables about.

If we go at all we go for the Saturday night vintage car cruise and leave when it finishes.

I feel really sorry for the people who end up in the hotels-far too close by-especially if they have booked in advance!

Orlandobabe

athurstance
17-09-2002, 15:10
We stayed opposite Old Town in the Travelodge the first time we went to Florida (about 1987 I think before we discovered villas). It was a really nice place then - we use to go over in the evenings and enjoy a drink and browse the shops. I couldn't believe it when we went a few years later how much it had changed.
I would go to go on the Sky thingy but wouldn't bother with the rest of it at all.

Angela

MysteriousJourneys
16-01-2004, 20:09
I absolutely love Old Town. I thought it was just like being at home. The Ferris wheel and everything. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO GO ON THAT DODGY ROLLERCOASTER AT THE END OF THE PARK!!!! It almost went falling of the sides when we were on it. I reccomend The Haunted Grimm House, its very scary and dark and hard to find the exit lol and theres even a landing you come out onto and cant get out as the bars last forever and theres this big bald fat guy chasing you with dobermans. Scariest time of my life!

Nostromo
18-01-2004, 07:17
We have decided to visit the Old Town Entertainment area by default during our trip this Spring. Originally, we planned a visit to Splendid China since some of the people in my party were keen. I only just learned (thanks to Tink) that SC has closed and so we decided to go to OT instead. Mindyou, it will be a Sunday during the day and so, hopefully there should not be too many of these dodgy characters about.

esprit
18-01-2004, 20:32
I dont think you will get much out of Old Town on a Sunday afternoon, It is definitely a night sort of place with Friday and Saturday nights when they do the classic car cruises being the best, I would guess then place will be a ghost town on a Sunday afternoon.
Youths hanging around? Well I know some of the kids from Celebration go up there as Celebration is just behind Old Town and that is the nearest place for them to hang out. They are not in the least undesirable! I would guess the rest are holidaymakers kids?

esprit
18-01-2004, 20:33
PS I think the laser place is still there, KIm, as my friend had a burthday party for her kid there last October/Nov.

chrisj
19-01-2004, 00:30
We never managed to visit last trip, but its going to be on the agenda this year

mikewj
21-01-2004, 00:26
Agree wholeheartedly about not getting much out of Old Town on a Sunday afternoon. Its like a ghost town during the day and only really gets going on the Friday and Saturday nights.

We go there at least once during every visit and cant remember being bothered by "undesirables". OK, there are youths/kids hanging around the arcade and the rides, but they just seem to be having a good time like the rest of us.