PDA

View Full Version : Fort Lauderdale

sarahjk
21-06-2004, 14:27
Hi Guys

We are thinking of stopping over here for 1 night next march as we arrive in miami on thursday and are planning a slow trip up to orlando over the next couple of days as we don't go into the villa until the sunday is there much to see and do our 2 girls love beaches so for the 3 or so days they should have plenty as we start in Miam, on to Fort and then we are thinking of a day in Melbourne before driving on to the villa, I just want a bit more for me as Im not really a beach/sunbathing type of person
Any hints and tips will be much appreciated
Thanks and KR
Sarah

CarolAnn
27-06-2004, 22:29
Hi Sarah,

For what it is worth, we went to Fort Lauderdale this march for 3 days at the end of our Orlando Trip, personnally we were all a bit unimpressed. Obviously it was Spring Break, so the place was MOBBED with teenagers, accommodation was sparse and expensive. We went there for a change and the beach, but I found the place overall a little tacky. Sorry.
[msnscared]

wiljohn
09-09-2004, 23:59
Its always best to research before you go,I lived in Ft Laud,now B/pool,and this isn't like like Ft Laud without the sun.
We lived just off Las olas blyvd very pretty with the waterways and all the yachts, never that busy in the shopping part of las olas but now on a weekend its the place to see and be seen,limos,gleaming harleys,and just heaving with people.
Galleria shopping mall just up from the beach on sunrise blyvd,lot more upmarket compared to sawgrass mills.
Further out on sunrise a huge flea market,always best on weekends,includes a drive in 7 screen movie every night.
Take a look around Bahia Mar,close to beach, some fantastic boats there, some even have helicopters on them.
It used to be possible to go into port everglades and see manatees near the power station, although I think its hard to get past security now.
Theres plenty to see and do,it all depends how long you have.