PDA

View Full Version : Villa owners + Advertisers areas

caroline
19-06-2004, 13:18
Everytime I try and access these 2 areas I'm being asked for the passwords, which I enter and then gain access - but it's doing it EVERY time!
Has something gone wrong with my computer or is anybody else having the same problem?

caroline
19-06-2004, 13:19
Sorry I should have said it only started today, it's just that by 9.22am I've already logged on 3 times[:I][:I]

cookmml
19-06-2004, 15:15
I haven't had any trouble with this today, sorry can't help with any suggestions as to why it is happening to you.

caroline
19-06-2004, 15:39
The mystery deepens, I just logged on again and still have to put in the password for the owners area but not the advertisers[msnscared]

dbrook
19-06-2004, 16:14
It's OK for me at the moment Caroline but I have had a few days where the same has happened but the following day it went back to normal. So you may be OK tomorrow;)

SG
19-06-2004, 16:31
I have to log into the villa owners area every 24 hours or so. Not sure if it's the same problem.

caroline
19-06-2004, 16:37
All working fine again[msnsmile2]

[msnsad]cancel that last comment, I'll wait and see what happens tomorrow[msnscared]

blott
19-06-2004, 16:50
I think it's to do with your cookies. If you delete your cookies and come back to the forum and log in, all should be resolved (if not, you'll have to wait until either John's back tomorrow or Roger happens by as I don't know much further than that, sooorrryy!). [msnsad]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
19-06-2004, 17:03
Blottie is right - that is exactly what I was going to suggest.

Floridalover
19-06-2004, 18:21
I get it too, but only if I delete all my cookies manually. If your settings have been changed on your PC (or anti-virus software) for any reason it may be deleting all your temporary files and cookies every time you log out, hence the problem.

blott
19-06-2004, 18:27
I only knew that because you'd told me so many times John! :D

Actually, as lots of people seem to have the same problem this week (some have DM'd me too) I wondered if all the cookies expired (ahh! [msnsad]) at around the same timespan as the password for the Public Owners' was started on a specific date?

caroline
19-06-2004, 18:55
Well I've gone through and logged onto every section in the owners area and every section in the advertisers area putting the password in each time and it seems to have cured it - can't remember how to delete cookies[:I]

Andy & Arlene
19-06-2004, 21:46
I also had to do that this week - then forgot one of the passwords for the public villa area[msneek]

chrizzy100
19-06-2004, 22:12
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caroline
Everytime I try and access these 2 areas I'm being asked for the passwords, which I enter and then gain access - but it's doing it EVERY time!
Has something gone wrong with my computer or is anybody else having the same problem?

[/quote]

I can no longer log into the villa owners part on netscape.....thats been a few days now.....I just use IE......

caz
19-06-2004, 22:50
I had the same problem yesterday. I thought it was just me so I logged into every section in the owners & advertisers areas and it seemed to cure it. Took me a while though 'cos I'd forgotten the advertisers password.[msnembarrased]