PDA

View Full Version : Southern Dunes on Richard & Judy

chris c
18-06-2004, 21:58
[8D][8D]What a lovely advert for villa owners on Southern Dunes!! On the Richard and Judy show tonight, they spotlighted Southern Dunes and all the facilities on offer.
The praise for the community was overwhelming!!

stabard
18-06-2004, 22:23
I saw that too - lookedreally nice and should bring a bit more business the way of southern dunes too

Carla
18-06-2004, 23:16
Haven't they just bought a condo or home on Southern Dunes?

Jo
19-06-2004, 01:19
I have heard them talking about a condo they have bought and furnished - could be true.

Floridalover
19-06-2004, 01:36
Wow! famous people om SDunes....there are a couple of others too I believe. Apparently 1 million people entered the competition.

stavros47
19-06-2004, 03:31
Lets hope it bring a few more enquiries to us SD owners:D:D:D

chris c
19-06-2004, 12:23
:D:D:D
Well I'm looking forward to my next trip out even more now.
You never know who you may be rubbing shoulders with!!

caroline
19-06-2004, 13:22
They're running a competition and the prize is a condo on Southern Dunes - Coldwell Banker Realtors have donated it!

caseyd
19-06-2004, 16:16
Who are Richard and Judy? Are they like Regis and Kelly who have the morning talk and entertainment show on TV here in the U.S.?

chris c
19-06-2004, 17:07
Sounds similar.
They have been presenting on T.V. for years and now have a show on weekdays early evening.

chrizzy100
19-06-2004, 20:34
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caseyd
Who are Richard and Judy? Are they like Regis and Kelly who have the morning talk and entertainment show on TV here in the U.S.?
[/quote]

They are one of the big reasons people leave the UK......hehehehehe....

trevlad
20-06-2004, 00:35
[/quote]

regis and kelly is actually the same show as we have here called'des and mel'
we saw it when over in may and wondered who used the idea first?

trev

Angua
20-06-2004, 12:16
Regis & Kelly have been on TV for ages. Regis Philbin has had a live show for 16 years although I think that the co-hosts have changed over time. Didn't it used to be Regis & Kathy?

caseyd
20-06-2004, 16:21
Yep, that would be Kathy Lee Gifford, wife of former football star, Frank Gifford. She got herself in quite a scandal a few years back when it was uncovered that the Asian factories that make her Walmart line of clothes were sweatshops. It was a big deal, investigation, etc. People either loved or really disliked her. Then her husband had a very publicized affair. Poor Kathy. Haven't heard much of her since she left the show.
It is impressive how much TV coverage that Florida and the villas get in Britain. I can't think of any other particular areas of foreign countries that get that much coverage here, even on the Travel Channel (that channel seems to be obsessed w/Las Vaegas).

Silver Dollar
29-06-2004, 07:23
Richard and Judy = husband and wife daytime talk show hosts...however my kids think that Judy is actually Richard's mother!

Cruella DeVilla
29-06-2004, 15:58
Richard would not get in would he, or was he found not guilty!!!
;)

rosie
30-06-2004, 23:56
LOL CDV, I think he was found not guilty, but he would still need to apply for a visa I should have thought. Or maybe its different if your famous [msnmad]

blott
01-07-2004, 03:28
No, if he was arrested (whether he was found guilty or not) he'd have to apply for a B2 visitors' visa. :)

rosie
01-07-2004, 10:42
Thanks Blott, that what I thought.

Cruella DeVilla
01-07-2004, 15:47
Imagine living next door to those 2!
Everytime I see RM it just reminds me of the Alistair McGowan impression of him which is so wicked!! Judie is nice and Mumsy!
[}:)]

Silver Dollar
05-07-2004, 06:11
I passed Southern Dunes the other day, I was surprised how far out it was.

rozzer
06-07-2004, 00:44
I love southern dunes. we are going back for our fourth time

1 walmart on doorstep
2 great community pool and clubhouse ( always virtually deserted)
3 great golf
4 well kept community
5 just close enough to all amenities but far enough away from all the hullaballoo.

Tried to buy there in march but the prices have shot up[V]

Ray&Sarah
06-07-2004, 01:00
Haven't watched R & J for ages, my parents have been entering the competition and say if they win (some chance!) we can market the property with our villa, whats one more!!!:D

Jill
06-07-2004, 02:15
Rozzer your assessment of Southern Dunes is spot on.

scamhammer
06-07-2004, 15:31
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Floridalover
Wow! famous people om SDunes....there are a couple of others too I believe. Apparently 1 million people entered the competition.
[/quote]

I wonder who got all the dosh from the premium-rate phone calls -- the realtor or the programme production company? It's easy to see how these illegal lotteries with their stupid questions pay for themselves and more. One (under?) estimate is that TV companies are making £50 million a year from them. Apparently, the Government is thinking of putting a stop to them.

caroline
06-07-2004, 17:26
Where did you hear that the government is thinking of putting a stop to them?

I'm not saying they should or shouldn't - just curious as to where you got the info.

Rich-n-Ang
06-07-2004, 17:54
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caroline

I'm not saying they should or shouldn't - just curious as to where you got the info.
[/quote]

Caroline
I guess from your comment on another thread you're not holding your breath for a reply [msnsmile] !!

Calamity Jane
06-07-2004, 18:37
LOL Caroline :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D You took the words right out of my mouth

chrizzy100
06-07-2004, 18:44
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Jill
Rozzer your assessment of Southern Dunes is spot on.
[/quote]

I like Southern Dunes because everything is to hand.......I would winter in FL....if my place were in an area like that.........

caroline
06-07-2004, 20:09
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Rich-n-Ang
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caroline

[/quote]

Caroline
I guess from your comment on another thread you're not holding your breath for a reply [msnsmile] !!
[/quote]

[msnwink]

caroline
06-07-2004, 20:10
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Calamity Jane
LOL Caroline :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D You took the words right out of my mouth
[/quote]

Maybe I took them right out of somebody else's too[msnwink]

chris c
07-07-2004, 22:49
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:I like Southern Dunes because everything is to hand.......I would winter in FL....if my place were in an area like that.........[/quote]
That's my plan for when my husband retires, hopefully in a couple of years time!

Something to really look forward to.
:D:D:D:D:D[msnsmile][msnsmile]:D:D:D:D:D

yorkshirerose
17-07-2004, 20:53
How far is Southern Dunes from main attractions

Jill
18-07-2004, 04:06
It takes us no more than 20 minutes to get to Disney from our villa on SD. Islands of Adventure and Universal, door to door is 28 minutes. We use the I4 which even with road works is still quicker than using the 192. One major advantage of Southern Dunes is we can send the children down to Walmart if we need some shopping as it and several other shops are just outside the entrance.

Scotborder
25-07-2004, 02:38
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
[/quote]

They are one of the big reasons people leave the UK......hehehehehe....

[/quote]

Not much to look forward then if you get regis and kelly on TV in US:D:D:D