PDA

View Full Version : Big Lots

orlandobabe
13-02-2002, 00:26
Another moochy place that no discerning villa owner can afford to miss. I prefer the one near St Cloud on the 192 rather than the one nearer downtown Kissimmee.

The best one I found for bargains though had to be the one near Cocoa Beach where I got fantastic tapestry -like Winnie the Pooh cushions for $5 which my daughter found in a shop at the Mercado for $25.

Sometimes it's good -sometimes not-it just depends if you hit lucky.

Orlandobabe

markemma
15-02-2002, 15:21
I have found big lots pretty good too, especially in Cocoa Beach
I am such a bargain hunter.

Emma

porky
16-02-2002, 15:27
What do they sell at Big Lots? I must admit the name makes you think, I wondered if it was a bathroom place.

Jacqui

orlandobabe
18-02-2002, 01:34
They seem to get in the end of range stuff that other shops have finished with-hence it's once it's gone- it's gone motto.

Having said that -they do keep getting a consatant supply of the same furniture-as I have my eye on a dining table.

It can be great for the one off bargain!

Also gets lots of seasonal stuff-as soon as xmas was finished the easter and valentine's stuff was on the shelves.

Orlandobabe

athurstance
18-02-2002, 16:56
Sounds good. Anyone got directions?
I've been up and down the 192 but never noticed Big Lots. Is it anywhere near Walmart or K-Mart?

steph_goodrum
18-02-2002, 19:37
try this link http://www.kissimmee-us192.com/map/Map9/Kiss192map9.htm for useful maps of the 192. Click to the top or bottom of the map to go east or west.
By the way I think the marker system is great, so much easier to direct guest to marker X or between markers and has saved us a lot of time going up and down the 192.

steph

tinkerbell
08-04-2002, 13:22
I think Big Lots must be pretty hit or miss!! I went to one a few years back so maybe I'm out of date here, but it was very seedy and the area it was in (I cant remember which - sorry!) was not somewhere to leave the kids in the car for a few minutes.

As I said though, I may be speaking out of line here as it was a while ago!

orlandobabe
09-04-2002, 15:46
Taking the 192 east towards St Cloud just after the old town Kissimmee area-there's a BIg Lots on the right. That's the one that I find not so good. Further down past the rodeo on the left is another one which is much better. Again on the right.
There's also one on the 50 ie turn right off the 27 going towards Clermont.
There's one in Mount Dora and I love the Cocoa Beach one-but have only been there once.

Orlandobabe