PDA

View Full Version : Hooters... oh yes!

boo-yeh
17-06-2004, 19:50
Bit of advice really. As I'm sure you will appreciate I only want to visit one of these places because of the chicken wings... yeh right!

Is this a family option or will I have to go by myself - although I'm sure my 13 year old son would find the whole experience most educational [:0]

[msntongue]

porky
17-06-2004, 20:21
My husband and son had been wanting to go in one of these for years so we finally did. Didn't think much to the food or the service, though the waitress was a lot friendlier with the American guest. maybe she thought because we were English we weren't going to tip[}:)]

I can workout where the get their large assets from- silicon valley :) but what I want to know is how do they get those really small asses:D. If there's a place over there with the facilities for sculpting such small firm buttocks then lead me to it:D:D:D

My son, (22) spent most of his time in there looking out the window at a lovely black Ferrari we'd past in the car park. I couldn't make up my mind if that was because he'd love one himself but will never be able to afford one or the fact his girlfriend was with him:D:D.

When we asked him what the highlight of his visit was his reply was "the visit to Hooters and the roar of that engine".[:0]

Jacqui

Colin
18-06-2004, 03:04
I can guess what this establishment contains, but where can it be found, and what does it sell?

Is it tongue-in-cheek or serious ie expensive?

Thanks

Colin

Ray&Sarah
18-06-2004, 03:14
We went into a Hooters the first time we were in Orlando, food was average and the service about the same, but Ray and my dad really enjoyed the scenery!!

chrisj
18-06-2004, 03:14
Theres one on the 192 going past Walmart on the other side, Not that I would know of course :)

Cruella DeVilla
18-06-2004, 03:20
Hubby went once with some friends and said it was not too nice watching the guys letch after girls younger than their daughters. The guys would not have been happy if someone was letching that way after their daughters. Me I am just jealous I can't get into hotpants, but no Silicone here, just call me Dolly!!!!lol[}:)]
CDV

CarolAnn
25-06-2004, 20:36
We had joked about taking my husband in there many times when in Orlando area, but my daughter who was only 10 the last time we went past one, chickened out!! But finally made it to one in Fort Lauderdale this Easter, would agree with people's comments, food average, service was pretty good, but better if you were an ALL male group(fair enough), but I am sure my husband found the scenery better than Denny's! As he waits for us to go on rides he won't(and there are many!)us girls felt he deserved a treat!
Overall Tip - don't go for the food I guess!

Gillian-B
25-06-2004, 22:22
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Colin
I can guess what this establishment contains, but where can it be found, and what does it sell?

Is it tongue-in-cheek or serious ie expensive?
[/quote]

The food (wings, burgers etc.) cost is comparable with other similar restaurants in the area and the food we had (on the US192) was actually okay (the wings were nice). Thankfully, all the waiting staff were women as I'm not sure that a man would look good in the uniform - tight vest top and orange hot-pants [msneek]

Ray&Sarah
25-06-2004, 22:43
Ooh Gillian that doesn't bear thinking about.:D[msnwink]

philsueh
01-06-2005, 20:15
We called in on our last visit and purchased these boxer shorts for our 16 year old son.
Because we left him at home in the UK I asked our waitress to pose for this picture.
The Guy in the background is a friend of ours who liked the rear view by the look of it...

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/philsueh/200561161123_70520019.jpg

CarolAnn
01-06-2005, 23:43
And you didn't take a pic of their wonderful chicken wings???[msnwink] Bet your son was disappointed with the pic[msneek]

eagleydo
03-06-2005, 00:29
I love the chicken wings in Hooters and so does my daughter. Theboys love the hooter burgers and the view. When I first visited I was worried that I would find it very sleazy but this was not so and the girls did not make me feel uncomfortable(A little bit envious though, can't really see me in one of those outfits). My husband and sons love to visit but prefer the one on the 192 near Walmarts and the one at Clearwater, found these to have the friendliest staff.

Ray&Sarah
03-06-2005, 03:51
My hubby has promised to take our 15 & 13 year old sons to Hooters on our next visit. He was in Morth Carolina last week and visited one there (apparently his collegue had never been to one and Ray just had to take him!!!) Our eldest was not impressed though that his dad had gone without him.[msnoo][msnsmile2]

chrizzy100
03-06-2005, 03:54
My son and his girlfriend eat at hooters a lot....I can't take my daughter cus she makes Dolly Parton look small.....LOL!

cr1000
03-06-2005, 12:35
Went to a Hooters on my last visit (with an all male group), nothing that tacky or lecherous inside. Worth going just for the 911 wings, fantastic hot and spciy wings and looking forward to getting some more when I get back over there in September. Service was friendly, whilst the outfits were obviously there to highlight some particular features, there was nothing sordid about them. I would have no qualms about taking the wife with me, except she doesn't like really spicy wings....[msnwink]

Ray&Sarah
03-06-2005, 20:10
:D<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by cr1000
Went to a Hooters on my last visit (with an all male group), nothing that tacky or lecherous inside. Worth going just for the 911 wings, fantastic hot and spciy wings and looking forward to getting some more when I get back over there in September. Service was friendly, whilst the outfits were obviously there to highlight some particular features, there was nothing sordid about them. I would have no qualms about taking the wife with me, except she doesn't like really spicy wings....[msnwink]
[/quote]

Nothing else on the menu then!!![msnwink][msnsmile2]

chrizzy100
03-06-2005, 22:13
I've never been in one.......I know most of the girls who work in our local one...but have yet to eat there.....I think I worry about my husbands heart giving out...he is way to old to look at young girls...why I even let my figure go.... all for the good of his health.......[msnwink][msnwink]

kokomo
04-06-2005, 01:08
I think I will have to take my husband and son to hooters, I am sure they will get a kick out of it[msneek]

KJH
04-06-2005, 03:11
Other half and son went to the one on the 192, son was only 10 at time but kept pestering his dad, who finally agreed to go.

Poor service, very average food, and to top it all, son said in very loud voice, "Mum, you've got better boobs than them".

I just wish my legs and bum looked as good as theirs.

Kaz

Ray&Sarah
04-06-2005, 03:38
Our son last went to a Hooters when he was 6 and the girls kept calling him "cutie", he is now 15 and somehow not so cute, so think his appeal may have waned a bit. Still theres no charge for observing is there!!!![msnwink][msnsmile2]

Corky
04-06-2005, 13:15
My wife and son and i always go "just" for the wings! The place is really only meant for wings and beer and watching football (or girls and ferrarais!). On the last occasion what looked like a 16 yr old girl (she obviously must be 21 to work there) "proofed" me at 47! I could n't believe it and thought it was a wind up by my son and brother in law who had already arrived having been at the cinema. She refused to give me a beer until I produced a driving licence or passport&gt; On complaining to the Manager it seems she was a Hooters newbie who had just finished her two week training programme ( what can they spend two weeks learning?) and apparently one of their instructions to newies is to proof everyone. Even if you have middle age spread and a receding hairline-sounds like the EC!

Ray&Sarah
04-06-2005, 13:28
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Corky
My wife and son and i always go "just" for the wings! The place is really only meant for wings and beer and watching football (or girls and ferrarais!). On the last occasion what looked like a 16 yr old girl (she obviously must be 21 to work there) "proofed" me at 47! I could n't believe it and thought it was a wind up by my son and brother in law who had already arrived having been at the cinema. She refused to give me a beer until I produced a driving licence or passport&gt; On complaining to the Manager it seems she was a Hooters newbie who had just finished her two week training programme ( what can they spend two weeks learning?) and apparently one of their instructions to newies is to proof everyone. Even if you have middle age spread and a receding hairline-sounds like the EC!
[/quote]

Must have made you feel great for a while.[msnwink][msnsmile2]

Ray travels alot to the US and in some of the states they have a ruling the everyone has to show ID to purchase alcohol, in bars, restaurants and off licences, he finds it quite amusing and flattering.[msnsmile2]

chrizzy100
04-06-2005, 19:29
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Corky
[/quote]

You have to look over 36 to not get asked...but some places ask everyone.....

philsueh
17-07-2005, 13:32
I had to go back to show my son where I got his boxers.
We asked our waitress for a picture with him and his friends. She called all the waitress's over for a group shot. He now has a favourite restuarant in Florida but he said "the food is rubbish"!!!!

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/philsueh/200571793053_DSCF0026.JPG

Ray&Sarah
18-07-2005, 00:22
Now you have my son really drooling![msnwink][msnsmile2]

moodyvilla
20-07-2005, 12:33
We took Jack (8) in there when we were out at Christmas. He decided it was his fave place to eat and now we have to go on every visit, his Mum constantly asks 'did you put him up to this?'

At the end of the day it's just for a laugh, food ok, wings are the best and service good.

alanandjude
30-07-2005, 01:38
It's a heavy burden, but if you like, I an happy to further research the Hooters experience purely for the benefit of other forum members (Ahem)[msnwink]

Alan

Ray&Sarah
30-07-2005, 12:39
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by alanandjude
It's a heavy burden, but if you like, I an happy to further research the Hooters experience purely for the benefit of other forum members (Ahem)[msnwink]

Alan
[/quote]

Somehow I am having a real job believing that this offer is completely wihtout self gain Alan.[msnwink]:D

alanandjude
10-08-2005, 01:21
If Jude asks, I'm just off to Walmart. OK?;)

Paula D-S
10-08-2005, 01:54
I wouldn't ask for any more than a drink of water and a lettuce leaf if I ate in there. [msnsad]

I'd never look at a dessert again[msnsad]

Oh and Alan, as a female I would just have to tell Jude.[msnwink]

Paula

stabard
23-01-2006, 18:04
My eldest son has been desperate to go to Hooters for a couple of years now so this January Lee said he would take him while Younger son went with me and granma to the Goldon Corral.
They headed along the 192 only to find that the Hooters there is no more so they came back to dine with us.

Now what I want to know is - is this branch now closed or had they just gone blind in anticipation [msnsmile2]

pieman790
23-01-2006, 18:12
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by stabard
My eldest son has been desperate to go to Hooters for a couple of years now so this January Lee said he would take him while Younger son went with me and granma to the Goldon Corral.
They headed along the 192 only to find that the Hooters there is no more so they came back to dine with us.

Now what I want to know is - is this branch now closed or had they just gone blind in anticipation [msnsmile2]
[/quote]

We found it strange when we were out as it was there when we arrived as we drove past it on the way from the airport but when we returned two weeks later the place looked deserted and the signs had gone.
Is the one just off the I4 near Disney still open as my son wants to go in and meet the hooter girls?

stabard
23-01-2006, 20:16
Hope so - that is where they will be trying next when we are back in July [msnsmile2]

Ray&Sarah
23-01-2006, 20:40
According to their website they still have restuarants along Kirkman Road & International Drive.[msnsmile2]