PDA

View Full Version : Discover Cove photo's 'n' stuff

boo-yeh
17-06-2004, 17:01
Could someone who's been recently give me an idea of the cost of the stuff you can buy at DC, y'know T-shirts, photo's and the like. I know its going to be pricey but will I have to re-mortgage??!?

thanks [msnembarrased]

allyjack
17-06-2004, 19:09
Phot on way in is FREE !! Nearly didn't stop as we though it would cost us.
Didn't spend that much only bought photos of solphin swim and not other souvenirs
I suppose the answer is as much as you want to spend but cost us little extra.
Best day out and kids still talk about it.
Alison

florida
17-06-2004, 19:33
In 2001, 9 5x7 photos & a video tape of our family swim with the dolphins, cost $194.94. I know its expensive but its something you are not likely to repeat. There's nothing worse than getting home and wishing you bought something and you hadn't. Personal cameras are not allowed in the water so it is impossible to get those upclose & personl shots of you & the dolphins.

boo-yeh
17-06-2004, 19:41
Are personal cameras not allowed [u]at all</u> or is that just in with the dolphins? [msnscared]

florida
17-06-2004, 20:40
Cameras & video recorders are not allowed in the water in the dolphin lagoon, but you are able to take photos from the beach area. There are no other restrictions with regard to the use of camera equipment.

ravtino
17-06-2004, 23:13
I have done the dolphin swim twice and on both occasions my husband took photos and video from the beach, the first time he got some good photos and videos but when we went out last year the professionals taking the photos made sure that you couldn't get very good photos - thus having to buy there's - but seeing as this time my 8 year old son was swimming with me we just had to have them!!

[B)]

Epic
17-06-2004, 23:49
im glad u told me you cant take cameras into the water with you,i was planning on buying a video camera esp for the dolphin swim so ill have to rethink that idea

Emma

russell148
18-06-2004, 01:07
We have just come back from florida and visited discovery cove

video $70 plus taxs

Photos on a cd 5 was $100
10 was $150
20 was $200

All plus taxes

Regards

Russell

boo-yeh
18-06-2004, 14:27
It's a pity that this is such a con. After all you pay plenty to go and its a bit insulting to get ripped off for this sort of thing... won't let let it spoil my day though... [msnwink]

chris
01-07-2004, 17:36
We bought waterproof cameras before we went and got great pictures of the fish in the tropical pool and of the rays swimming round our legs. Also got good photos of the birds having swum with the camera down the lazy river.

AndyC
02-07-2004, 00:02
The place sounds absolutely beautiful and the stories I hear about the place are second to none, but surely the costs here are astronomical....yes it probably is a one off and people do really seem to enjoy themselves but for our family of 4 to gain entry swim with the dolphins and to have the photos video etc would surely cost in the region of a £1000...something I find a little too exorbitant particularly when it is just one day.

We do get to see the dolphins in their natural environment during the summer months just off the south coast where we live and they always swim alongside our boat when we are out...

To all the people that have been or are going...please enjoy yourselves and savour the unforgettable moments that others have so kindly shared with us.
[^][^][8D]

tezz7628
21-07-2004, 14:04
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by russell148
We have just come back from florida and visited discovery cove

video $70 plus taxs

Photos on a cd 5 was $100
10 was $150
<span style="color:red"> 20 was $200</span id="red">
All plus taxes

Regards

Russell
[/quote]

and there we are

the one and only thing that spoiled an absolutely fantastic time for the family and me

having just got into computers i was unsure of the comparison and asked this american couple is that a suitable price to pay

they of course said no!!!

linda.s
21-07-2004, 14:17
As I quoted on the other DC page, we enjoyed the day, but were very disappointed with the swim and the photo cost. Especially for the amount the day cost! We are off to The Keys for 2 days this year, all inclusive, all travel, food 5* hotel, airboat ride, 1/2 day at gator & snake farm, and a one-on-one dolphin swim, all for about £50.00 more per person! As I said on the other thread, I'll post a report when I get back in late Oct....... (Unless someone else has done it, and can let me know if it was any good on here! [msnwink])

andreah
21-07-2004, 15:40
Even though it is really expensive, be grateful you can enjoy it.

We had it booked for 31st August, but my husband has broken his heel bone and is in a cast, so we have had to cancel our trip to Discovery Cove! We are really gutted, but there is always next time.

I hope you have a really fantastic experience and post us the pictures if you get them.[msnwink]

SunLover
21-07-2004, 17:06
Just to get away from the cost for a moment, the other reason that visitors are not allowed to take their own cameras into the Dolphin Lagoon is for the dolphin's safety.

Cameras accidentally dropped in the water would not be good inside a dolphin's stomach.

zelig
22-07-2004, 12:01
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SunLover
Just to get away from the cost for a moment, the other reason that visitors are not allowed to take their own cameras into the Dolphin Lagoon is for the dolphin's safety.

Cameras accidentally dropped in the water would not be good inside a dolphin's stomach.

[/quote]

I took my 80 year old Mum with me last year and the year before that and am going again this year....as far as costs are concerned ..well you cant take it with you and to be treated for once in your life like royalty in such paradis is worth any ammount .....

Bigblue33
27-07-2004, 05:45
I have to agree, I was kind of worried about the prices but having now done it, I went the whole hog and got 10 photos on cd and the video. The staff could not be more helpful the invironment is luxurious...I can not praise the place highly enough. The look on my kids faces not to mention mine and my wife's and my mother in laws....when I get home I will post a couple of pics..just to let you all see.

Don.

tezz7628
28-07-2004, 12:34
all i can say really is you can't not do it just because of the price

they've got you, i got the impression its not discovery cove but a different company that takes the photos

tezz7628
28-07-2004, 12:42
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by linda.s
As I quoted on the other DC page, we enjoyed the day, but were very disappointed with the swim and the photo cost. Especially for the amount the day cost!
[/quote]

don't forget though you do get 7/14? days entry to sea world as well so i personally didnt find the admission price so bad just the cost of photos

linda.s
28-07-2004, 14:19
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by tezz7628
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by linda.s
As I quoted on the other DC page, we enjoyed the day, but were very disappointed with the swim and the photo cost. Especially for the amount the day cost!
[/quote]

don't forget though you do get 7/14? days entry to sea world as well so i personally didnt find the admission price so bad just the cost of photos
[/quote]

Very true Tezz, I didn't include that! It is a great day out, just found the actual dolphin swim disappointing......... Expectations too high I guess! Sea World is great though! Photo & video cost was very high, but we had to get some of the photo's, just didn't bother with the video!

neilr
28-07-2004, 20:04
It is over all too soon and they do have you by the heartstrings as the video and photo CD is all you have to savour.

We also had a non swimming relative take loads of pics from the beach side which does help, but you can't match the quality or poses that the professional gets!!

[msnsmile2]

popintune
06-08-2004, 22:39
Has anyone got any idea how much it is to swim with the dolphins at DC?:)

LOZZA.

Nostromo
07-08-2004, 00:51
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by popintune
Has anyone got any idea how much it is to swim with the dolphins at DC?:)

LOZZA.
[/quote]

The rates vary yearly, but at present I think it is about $250 per adult including the Dolphin swim. There will be discounts for those who want the experience without the swim and for kids between 3 & 9 years. Under 3's are free, but need to be with an adult.

There are also family tickets which might save the odd $100 :D!

popintune
07-08-2004, 18:47
Thanks nostromo.

lozza.

Bigblue33
10-08-2004, 05:50
Also, with the price for DC you get entry to Seaworld or/and B/Gardens for 7/14 days. D/Cove was THE highlight of two weeks of highlights for us, exspensive? yes, worth it? Hell yea! If I have the money for it in a few years when I go back, I would have no hesitation.

Don.

p.s The "included in the price" buffet lunch is brilliant.

Elaine311
19-08-2004, 15:59
We (me, 6 year old son, my Mum and my Dad) did the dolphin swim at DC last month. It was a special birthday treat for my Mum and yes, it was expensive. But wow, what a day! Because we split the price of the photos (and my Mum bought the video), it didn't work out too badly. We got the 20 photos on a CD but as I say, split the cost between us. The buffet lunch was lovely - really nice food and very filling!

What really really got me about the day (and I'm still harping on about it now)is that someone stole my flip flops [msnsad] A big storm hit just before our dolphin swim. I had left my flip flops beside a lounger along with our snorkelling gear, towels etc. We had to wait an hour for the storm to pass before we could do our swim (and we did it in the pouring rain, but it was still fab). When we went back to retrieve our things, they had been moved to one of the cabanas but no flip flops. I asked at every desk imaginable and alas, the flip flops were nowhere to be found. I did giggle at the thought of spending hundreds of dollars to go there only for someone to nick a pair of £15 flip flops :D And yes, I was too mean to buy another pair - so went back to the villa barefoot!