PDA

View Full Version : anyone else thinking of cashing in their villa?

trevlad
17-06-2004, 16:28
hi all,

just wondered if anybody was considering that the time was right to realise a profit and reduce the stress and worry!!:D

we are looking for a resale villa, and are open to most options . the only must is:-

its own well set up web site, to come with bookings and a good infrastructure of advertising areas/webs/repeat books etc.

you know where we are!

karen and trev[8D]

steph_goodrum
17-06-2004, 18:38
You have to remember though you are essentially buying a home, if you want to buy it as a going concern with goodwill etc the commercial rate is going to be a lot more than the general rate.
Nobody can give any guarantees about future bookings, even confirmed ones may choose to go elsewhere when told there is a change of ownership.

huckleberry house
17-06-2004, 20:51
Also I would add that the website doesnt really matter, you can easily create a new one and remember that some commercial advertising sites dont allow a new owner to take over an advert, they have to reapply ( paying the fee if appropriate) and ,in cases like this site, will have to join the waiting list along with all new owners.

Lesley

Cruella DeVilla
18-06-2004, 03:24
Better not let hubby see this, he keeps talking about selling ours after it has gone up thousands and thousands of dollars since we bought it! He is right in theory we could get a good price for it as its is executive and luxururious and HUGE but no way am I letting it go!
CDV

trevlad
18-06-2004, 03:31
go on you know you want to[8D]

Floridalover
19-06-2004, 00:39
If the price is right, its for sale :):)

Cruella DeVilla
19-06-2004, 00:57
I could not bear the years wait for another villa!!!
CDV[}:)][}:)]

chrizzy100
19-06-2004, 01:09
It did cross hubbys mind to sell after seeing the price the last resale like ours went for......but after kicking him around abit ...he soon saw how painful that would be .......[}:)][}:)]

Floridalover
19-06-2004, 01:38
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
It did cross hubbys mind to sell after seeing the price the last resale like ours went for......but after kicking him around about ...he soon saw how painful that would be .......[}:)][}:)]
[/quote]

:D:D:D:D

Sharon G
19-06-2004, 02:33
Ours has gone up in price considerably....[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]...........but wouldn't sell for a pot of gold!!

Whats more important...money-profit??? or the thought of returning and owning your own place, twice a year or more in such a fantastic place!!

Sharon

Cruella DeVilla
19-06-2004, 02:33
Great idea Chrizzy, will keep that trick up my sleeve. [}:)]
CDV

Magical Dreams
19-06-2004, 14:27
Well I think you are all MEAN and you should sell up!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D:D

Don't blame you.............. But we have to try for those cash hunters out there!!

Eventually no doubt we will all have what we want in life!!
But for now, its a waiting game!
I have been advised not to get disheartened as the market will fall in the next couple of years.
The market will soon level out as the builders have made all that they can and some owners find it harder to find rentals.

We are seriously looking at resales instead of new homes because they carry a more attractive price list.
Obviously this is because they got them for a lot less so they are still making a killing!