PDA

View Full Version : three weeks of sheer pleasure

dick wroe
17-06-2004, 05:35
This time we flew to Washington (DC) picked up a van and drove through the shenendoah and blue ridge moutains for a week stopping each night at B & B 's (there are similar in quality to UK Country house hotels and the proprietors are great). Took in Luray Caves , Grandfather Mountain , Mount Mitchell and chiney rock park, plus many more places. Split the 650 mile journey from Bryson City (end of mountains) to orlando by stopping overnight in the wonderful city of Savannah then onto the villa at Kissimmee . The ornage blossom ballon flight was fantastic, Wikkee watchee (well worth a visit) silver springs, epcot, cirque du soleil, busch gardens gatorland a MUST. Sleuths dinner and pirates adventure were also great, Clearwater was its usual beautiful self and the dolphoin boat trips from the harbour are fantastic. went with four suitcases and returned with 12 !!! Flew back from Orlando only 7 and half hours to gatwick WONDERFUL HOLIDAY

PS Did not get to universal so have 4 day tickets ($54 face value) for sale at $40 each if anyone wants them plus one FREE gatorland ticket e mail me at rwroe@aol.com

Dickies happy

blott
17-06-2004, 05:42
Thanks for the report. Glad you had a great time and the drive sounds really interesting - I must get around to doing something like that one of these days.

cookmml
17-06-2004, 12:09
I've visited a lot of the states in the past and it is wonderfull the diversity of the country. What a great idea making the journey to Orlando part of your holiday. Sounds like a great trip.

Ann-Marie
25-06-2004, 19:57
Dick

Aren't the Blue Ridge Mountains absolutely fantastic. The views are fabulous across the Shenandoah valley.

Have been there twice - driven up Skyline Drive and sat a rock and took it all in! Amazing. Would love to have a holiday home in amongst it all! Lurey caverns excellent too. Hopefully going back again in a couple of years time.:)

Ann-Marie

chrizzy100
25-06-2004, 20:01
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ann-Marie
Dick

Aren't the Blue Ridge Mountains absolutely fantastic. The views are fabulous across the Shenandoah valley.

Have been there twice - driven up Skyline Drive and sat a rock and took it all in! Amazing. Would love to have a holiday home in amongst it all! Lurey caverns excellent too. Hopefully going back again in a couple of years time.:)

Ann-Marie
[/quote]

I'm really looking into buying land up in the Blue Ridge area to build a cabin.....if you want a good site for land.......I have one.......??

Ann-Marie
25-06-2004, 20:49
Chrizzy

If only I had the money I'd be there in a flash - one of these days though!!:D

Ann-Marie

trevlad
25-06-2004, 21:08
[

I'm really looking into buying land up in the Blue Ridge area to build a cabin.....if you want a good site for land.......I have one.......??
[/quote]

off topic but how do the land prices compare?

trev

chrizzy100
25-06-2004, 21:25
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by trevlad
[

[/quote]

off topic but how do the land prices compare?

trev
[/quote]

The place I would like....was $37,500 for around 7 acres.....with part new fence and new garage/shed already there..it also has a small family cemetery .the yearly tax is $60....$250 once house is built..it has mountian views...and a new road....but you can pay around $4k an acre...

jaz8ee
30-06-2004, 05:03
we're just back 25/06 too but into glasgow did as much as we could still got days left on our disney passes, we stayed at the enclave suites(just across from pirates adventure show). 2 busy weeks but all round good fun, wife was not over enthused about shopping outlets tho, get similar prices here in scotland at factory outlets etc. but hey we didn't go there for the shipping so no worries eh?

2006 three weeks this time !!!
best to all
Jim

Sharon G
30-06-2004, 23:00
Dick your trip sounds amazing.

We'd love to do this one day but when the kids have grown up abit more!!!!..............Couldn't stand for a whole week....
"ARE WE THERE YET?"

Sharon