PDA

View Full Version : Our First Few Days

MRKW
16-06-2004, 21:51
Thursday 27th
Well it finally arrived the day of our holiday, arrived at airport and checked in at Virgin desk OK flight was on time 11:15am, had breakfast then headed for departure, flight now showed 30 minute delay. At 11:45 we took off. Usual flight busy but seemed to go quick only minor complaint was they ran out of children’s meals, bit annoyed as we had pre-booked and confirmed at check in. Finally they found some!!!

Food was of usual quality bland, tasteless and luke warm, personally I would prefer a £20 cheaper ticket and NO food, you then take your own.

Somehow we made up most of the lost time and arrived 10 minutes later than should have done. Arrived at immigration and long lines, as we walked to a line they opened up an empty booth so we walked straight up and was through in 5 Minutes. Then waited 25 Minutes for the baggage. Security checks when quick and did not hold us up at all. Arrived at baggage reclaim and left the wife and kids to fight for the baggage while I legged it to the Dollar rental desk. Rental desk had no line walked up-to desk and handed over ticket for car rental, did not have 4x4 I ordered or apparently any other 4x4’s. Was assured that they would have one in 10 minutes so I agreed to wait. 20 Minutes later I decided enough, after some discussion finally got a 4x4, twice the size of one I ordered for no extra charge.

Arrived at villa dropped of wife & kids and headed to Wal-Mart for essentials. By the time I arrived back all the unpacking was done and the kids were in bed. How comes it takes women 4 days to pack but only 30 minutes to unpack????. Time for some ZZZZ’s.

Friday 28th
Lazed by the pool then in afternoon headed to Sea World. Reasonably quite did the main shows and took it easy. Still one of our fave places to visit.

Saturday 29th
MGM Studios, arrived at opening time, it was wall to wall, Star Wars Week End plus was also Memorial Weekend. Waited for 30 Mins to get a double buggy, they now do a Multi ticket, 5 days rental and saves 10% plus you don’t queue, excellent idea.
Headed straight to Little Mermaid, still one of Disney’s greatest, wish they would release film on DVD again. Queued up for Playhouse Disney, good show. On to the Backlot Tour, shorter than before as they are building new Stunt attraction, Canyon part seemed better than I remembered. Spent next few hours eating and getting pictures and autographs. Although busy the Star Wars theme really adds an atmosphere, seeing 6 Stormtroopers jogging towards you makes you stop, then move rather quickly, having your picture taken with Mickey dressed as an Jedi was weird. Recommend anybody who has a slight interest in Star Wars visits as is excellent. Late afternoon decided it was POOL time.

Sunday 30th
Morning spent in pool then headed to shops for a couple of hours retail therapy. Afternoon of to Universal Studios. Shrek 4d had a 90 Minute wait, to long for us. All Fast passes for rides had gone so afternoon was not the time to go. Did the animal show then strolled around taking in the sites. Arrived at the Mummy Ride it was broken, asked a cast member who said may be 10 minutes may be hours. Decided that as there was only 10 people waiting I would give it a go, wife and kids headed to Water Play area as they did not fancy it. 15 Minutes later when it opened up, what at ride definitely recommended, one word of caution though they are strict on not letting anybody on who has anything that may come loose, including bum bags etc, they send you to the lockers and you have to get back in line.
More info on Universal Later

Monday 31st
Typhoon Lagoon, arrived early, went straight on family ride and all the flumes then spent rest of day lazing and in the lagoon it was HOT HOT HOT. Got busy later in the day so off to the shops then an early night

Highlights
MGM and Star Wars
Seaworld
Mummy Ride at Universal
Weather
People's attitude

Lows
Virgin Meals, YUCKKKKK
Dollar, although did turn out alright eventually
Some of Universal, more info later
Only 10 days till going home

Will post next few days report shortly, hopeful