PDA

View Full Version : Space Centre

caroline
02-09-2002, 14:24
We're planning on going here for the first time in October - how long is the drive - do we need to buy tickets before we go or can you just turn-up? Any tips ??

Caroline

Precious
02-09-2002, 15:36
Tt took us 1.5 hours last time. I would recommend using the 417 toll road as its less crowded and you can make better progress and then join the 528 but it depends where you are starting from. Its a full day trip with lots to see. If you are there at the time of a launch then book ticket or you will find it very crowded. Check the web site.

Ruth
02-09-2002, 15:55
We went here and all really enjoyed it. We just turned up and bought our tickets. If I remember correctly you can sometimes find money off vouchers in the books of coupons you find everywhere:)

Ruth

caroline
02-09-2002, 16:09
Thanks for the tips - I've just tried out the website and it's great - really informative - in case any body else is interested I've added the link http://www.ksc.nasa.gov/

Caroline

blott
02-09-2002, 23:00
If you have time, you must try the IMAX film, The Dream is Alive which is absolutely awesome!

The bus tours are also quite interesting but last quite a long time as you get on an off to visit various parts of the Center. We were lucky enough to be on one following a landing and were told that we were the first members of the public to see it after landing - it was on its way to the VAB (vehicle assembly building) for checks.

Top it all off with a space ice cream in the main square which the kids will love! No, I'm not going to tell you what space ice cream is, just to say it's delicious!

Blott