PDA

View Full Version : New ride

rosie
14-06-2004, 00:34
Does anyone what the new ride at MGM is going to be yet? We were there last week and a lot of the area near the backlot tour was cordoned off with posters advertising a new attraction for 2005.

armagedon
14-06-2004, 00:56
when we were there a few weeks ago we were told it is the stunt show which is currently a top attraction at disneyland paris, and the building they are building is the stand for seating.
mark

Angua
14-06-2004, 01:03
I think it's going to be called the "Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show". The scuttlebut is....

"...already being constructed on the Disney-MGM Studios backlot is the stunt stadium that will soon house the "Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show." The show will open in spring 2005. Featuring specially designed cars, motorcycles and jet skis, "Lights, Motors, Action!" is inspired by the high-octane show that thrills guests at Disneyland Paris. Eagle-eyed guests will also spot a famous Disney car joining in the speedy stunt fun (think "Herbie")."

CarolAnn
30-06-2004, 01:31
Hope it's a good show[:I]I will miss Hunchback show, we were Gobsmacked this Easter when we got there to find it all gone[msncry]Still, part of what makes it great to keep going back, is that there are always NEW things to see and do[msntongue]

Ray&Sarah
30-06-2004, 02:24
Will have to go and check this out when it opens.:)

Elaine311
30-06-2004, 03:18
We saw the stunt show in Paris :) It was good (but the presenters were a teeny bit annoying) and best of all, Herbie's in it!

BlueDaze
30-06-2004, 03:53
We saw it in Paris last summer too.

Agree, it was an excellent show.. Condescending presenters grated somewhat though..

CarolAnn
19-07-2004, 17:21
Ok!! But HERBIE!!! Wow:D I so want to see it now[msnsmile2]

SunLover
19-07-2004, 18:33
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
Hope it's a good show[:I]I will miss Hunchback show, we were Gobsmacked this Easter when we got there to find it all gone[msncry]Still, part of what makes it great to keep going back, is that there are always NEW things to see and do[msntongue]
[/quote]

My insider scoop on the disappearance of Hunchback is that Mr .E. never liked the show. Kept making cut backs to the cast because it cost too much in wages, and then said that it didn't work with a smaller cast, and used this as his excuse to close it. :(

The Backlot Theater is currently a storage area for a lot of the Osbourne family Lights and other MGM Xmas decorations. Oh and the sets and props from Hunchback ~ left to rot in the rain at the rear of the theater :(

sarahjk
19-07-2004, 18:50
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:My insider scoop on the disappearance of Hunchback is that Mr .E. never liked the show.[/quote]

Mr E (Eikton) How could you!!!!!:D[msnwink]

LiesaAnna
31-10-2004, 14:19
any more news on lights camera action yet???
anyone know?
am hoping someone is gonna say yes theyre opening in Dec:D:D

CarolAnn
31-10-2004, 15:09
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SunLover
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
[/quote]

My insider scoop on the disappearance of Hunchback is that Mr .E. never liked the show. Kept making cut backs to the cast because it cost too much in wages, and then said that it didn't work with a smaller cast, and used this as his excuse to close it. :(

The Backlot Theater is currently a storage area for a lot of the Osbourne family Lights and other MGM Xmas decorations. Oh and the sets and props from Hunchback ~ left to rot in the rain at the rear of the theater :(
[/quote]

I am really sad to hear props from HunchBack are being left to Rot:( I am not a great fan of Stunt Shows(and I can't beleive that that won't cost way more to put on?), but I am sure plenty of other visitors will enjoy the new show when it opens and we will certainly go see it:) On the plus side, it is nice to have new things as well as old favourites to go and see[clap]