PDA

View Full Version : reservations for dinner in parks

kdjoergensen
11-06-2004, 00:58
We will visit Orlando last week of October.

We keep reading that resturants at Disney, Universal, etc accepts reservations 3 months prior to the date of visit...[?]

is it really necerssary to make reservations for dinner this early to get a table, or can you just show up ? [msnoo] if so, how long will you wait ? Alternatively, can you make reservations for dinner when you enter the park in the morning ?

Nostromo
11-06-2004, 02:07
Although October is a 'quiet' month, it will still be crowded and reservations are generally necessary, especially if you want good tables. They accept reservations 90 days in advance and some like California Grill at the Contemporary Resort or Coral Reef Restaurant at Epcot's Living Seas pavilion are very popular.

amy
11-06-2004, 02:09
It all depends what time of year it is and are there any special events on, when we where last there it was spring break and the character breakfast at chef Mickey was fully booked 3 months prior to travelling.
You reservation is only classed as 'priority seating' so you can therefore go along and try your luck on the day.

CarolAnn
25-06-2004, 20:41
Recommend the breakfast character buffet at Grand Floridian!!! If you have it early enough in your trip, you won't have to eat again for the rest of the time you are away!!! We have done a few character dinings, and this one gets 5 stars, plus it's a great location for a MK day! If you can move afterwards!

carrie
20-08-2004, 00:51
Hi I have just been sent coupons for Disney parks from a friend in the states, they are for various amounts and gives you meals and desserts, i had a good look at one lot and you can get a meal which might cost 40$ ,the coupons cost her 150$ but you can get up to 10 meals at around 30-40 each, has anyone else seen these, a colleague told me you can buy them on e-bay.
My friend has never used them.
As there free i thought i would give them a go.
Carrie

carolmc
03-09-2004, 11:58
Concourse Steak House at Disney's Contemporary Resort.....really splendid + the have cocktails to "die for". Again you need to book way in advance!!

brizzle
03-09-2004, 12:23
I have booked Cinderella's Royal Table in the Castle and also a restaurant for Thanksgiving in advance but if you are flexible then you should have no problems doing it when you arrive.
Just go to Guest Services and they will make the Priority Seating for you. Busy restaurants you may have to do 24/48 hours in advance though.

Brizzle