PDA

View Full Version : airboat rentals - you drive on US HWY192

kdjoergensen
11-06-2004, 00:49
We were considering trying 'airboat rentals - you drive' on us hwy 192 (this is not boggy creek). They are located on Shingle Creek, and claim to rent small airboats which you drive yourself. prices appeared very reasonable.

Has anyone tried this ? what was your experiences with this company ?

If we were going to rent one, when would the best time be to spend an hour ? In the morning, noon, or afternoon ? We are visiting last week of October. when is the best time to view wild life (aligators) ?

patj
11-06-2004, 17:35
Hi,

We went at Easter and quite enjoyed them but they are VERY noisy. We didn't see any alligators and not much other wildlife. I am not sure that there are many gators ther, I wouldn't have thought it safe to let tourists freely roam where there are lots of gators. Boggy Creek guided tours were much better.

linsan
11-06-2004, 19:34
I second Pat. We went to the self-drive airboats but after watching them decided against them as they were very slow, probably for saftety reasons. The Boggy Creek airboat ride was brilliant and exhilerating even if we didn't see much wild life. It was a very pleasant way to spend a few hours on route to Orlando Int. and rounded our holiday off nicely.