PDA

View Full Version : refill mugs

SPUD
10-06-2004, 14:55
Found this out by accident we went to typhoon lagoon twice during a two week stay .Both times on a wednesday.
We purchased a refill mug the first time and then found we could use it the second time.
I think it only works if your visit is the same day as the barcodes have on them monday tuesday ect.
Bit useless i know but might save you a couple of dollars

trevlad
10-06-2004, 15:12
sneaky is best
dont get the barcode wet though

it costs $10 for the original mug, but if you take that back then you can just get a legit. sticker for $6,they dont really advertise this. the staff sometimes tell you though. or as you say wait til next week.

personally i'd rather go there everyday and have a drink!:D:D

trev[8D]

KarenScott
10-06-2004, 16:29
Trevor
What does "legit" stand for?
Confused!
Karen

Carla
10-06-2004, 16:46
Legitimate, Karen

Mr G
10-06-2004, 17:11
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by kemscott
Trevor
What does "legit" stand for?
Confused!
Karen
[/quote]

If Typhoon lagoon catch you using the same mug twice, "legit" might stand for leg it ..., which is what you will have to do[msnsmile2]

KarenScott
10-06-2004, 20:21
Well I am confused are they refill mugs or not? Can you buy and use in all Disney Parks or how does it work?
Sorry to be so dim but it's a long time since I've been to Disney.
Cheers
[:I]Karen[:I]

tinkerbell
10-06-2004, 23:12
They are refillable in the Disney waterparks Karen! Big plastic thermos type mug to keep drinks cool, as above they have a barcode on them which if you go to any filling station and scan gives you access to soda of your choice and ice. I admit though, we have on the odd occasion filled up all of our cups by just scanning the one cup... [msnembarrased] Hey, they get enough money out of us is what i say!!!! Anyway, loads of staff saw us and never said anything!

Tracy
10-06-2004, 23:35
Tink we do exactly the same, buy one refillable cup, but take our own smaller plastic ones which are filled from refillable cup !!! It is great and when you have young children and we have 3, there is no point in buying one each ! It doesn't really get abused as we are too busy enjoying the water and the slides !

KarenScott
11-06-2004, 00:09
Thanks for the tips! What about in the main Disney parks, is it the same with drinks too?
Regards
Karen

trevlad
11-06-2004, 01:11
when you get a locker for your gear you pay a small deposit in the price and you either get two dollars back or a small size thermo mug.

these are great for filling up for the kids when they want to mix coke ,pink lemonade and sprite etc.

as above if you scan the mug, all the nozzles will release juice at the same time.

i have seen someone who only called into the park for a lunchtime splash before hopping elsewhere, not buy a sticker and just fill their mug up when someone else scanned, quite shocking behaviour if you ask me:D:D and not something that us on 'the manor' will be promoting!!
trev[8D]