PDA

View Full Version : Lost Avatar

KevinT
10-06-2004, 00:04
Dear All,
I'm gutted, inconsoleable,disconsolate,depressed and well - not happy. I've lost my little guitar playing avatar. Has anybody seen him? better still can the experts who explained so well how to get him tell me why I can no longer access him? It would appear that animfactory have changed the goalposts and even the free animations now can't be accessed in the same way.

Boo - Hoo!! Can anyone help??

KevinT

Jules
10-06-2004, 01:58
Kevin mine has gone as well!! I am very upset as it took me forever to work out how to get one and now it's gone,I am not a happy bunny.[msncry][msncry][msncry]

chrizzy100
10-06-2004, 02:14
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by KevinT
Dear All,
I'm gutted, inconsoleable,disconsolate,depressed and well - not happy. I've lost my little guitar playing avatar. Has anybody seen him? better still can the experts who explained so well how to get him tell me why I can no longer access him? It would appear that animfactory have changed the goalposts and even the free animations now can't be accessed in the same way.

Boo - Hoo!! Can anyone help??

KevinT

[/quote]

Type in free icons in yahoo etc.....I found something that will do for now doing that....

blott
10-06-2004, 02:51
Where are the avatars hosted on the internet?

KevinT
10-06-2004, 03:00
Hi Blott,
Mine was on Animfactory.com in the music section.(It still is there and says it's a free animation but i can't seem to get the same http reference code I got before). I guess the company have changed something so we can't access them like before?

KevinT

Lisa C
10-06-2004, 03:27
Mine went too. Had to find this one.

blott
10-06-2004, 03:48
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by KevinT
Hi Blott,
Mine was on Animfactory.com in the music section.(It still is there and says it's a free animation but i can't seem to get the same http reference code I got before). I guess the company have changed something so we can't access them like before?

KevinT
[/quote]I think that must be what's happened Kevin and the website link has been moved or deleted.

If you've got some webspace somewhere (like free with your ISP) then you should still be able to download your previous pic onto that and use that URL instead...

KevinT
10-06-2004, 03:56
Dear Blott & Everyone,
YYAABBAADDAABBAADDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marvellous!! Got a new band member, and he's younger than the last lead guitarist.
(just hope he's not stolen from "someone else's band" - if you know what I mean)
He's from a different site and he's down as free - and the URL was a lot shorter too.
I started to think I hadn't yet got the hang of URL transfer, but I've just restored my faith in technology.

Hope you get new ones Julie & Lisa. If you don't manage DM me and I'll let you know the site I got "my main man" from. It's got about 1500 avatars.

Thankyou for looking into it Blott, I fear mine may be the tip of the iceberg if a lot of people on the site get their avatars from the same place.

KevinT

Ruth
10-06-2004, 04:14
I like the new one Kevin although I have to confess that I can't remember the old one[:I]:D:D

KevinT
10-06-2004, 04:41
Hi Ruth,
Thanks for the comment. The old lead guitarist was a funky guy in a yellow shirt.
When I think about it he complained a lot and had no musical direction (bit like me really!) - his new band are welcome to him! The new guy really rocks!! Smokin'!

LOL
KevinT.

Sunnyjim
11-06-2004, 02:35
Kev T
Perhaps my guitarist and yours could knock out some willd tunes

Sunnyjim :D:D:D

KevinT
11-06-2004, 15:10
Hi Sunnyjim,
Cool! All we need now is a drummer (that doesn't complain) and a keyboard player ( that doesn't want to rule the world!)

Or am I asking too much!

Cheers

KevinT.