PDA

View Full Version : Hello

PollyA
09-06-2004, 16:01
Hi I'm Polly

I love to read anything on Florida so I'm excited at joing this forum. I'm busy planning the family ( husband, son (17) and daughter (14) hoilday to Florida in August this year, this will be our fifth visit. We last visited 2 years ago so I'm sure we will see lots of changes. I have booked one weeks accommodation in Orlando and another at the Gulf Coast but thats as far as I have got with the planning so theres still lots to do.
We like to try something different while we are there so if anyones got any ideas I'm looking for suggestions.

chrisj
09-06-2004, 16:31
Hi Polly

Welcome and just ask away, there are loads of people here and im sure you will find out
a lot to help you plan a great holiday

Jim
09-06-2004, 18:21
Hi Polly,

Welcome to the forum, you will find it very useful for all your queries re Florida. Be sure to use the search facility as there is lots of info there too.

Jim

gromit
09-06-2004, 21:53
Hi Polly welcome to the forum. Have you thought about swimming with dolphins?

Have a good holiday

Ray&Sarah
09-06-2004, 21:58
Hi Polly, welcome to the forum and we hope you have a wonderful holiday. We've stayed on the Gulf Cost a couple of times, one thing we enjoyed was an evening boat trip to see wild dolphins. It was lovely to see them out in their natural habitat but still doing tricks just because they like too. :)

Tracy
10-06-2004, 03:52
Hi Polly
Welcome to the forums, we hae just retured from an amazing two weeks in Florida, during our visit we managed 2 nights at Clearwater beach, it is such a beautiful resort ! We went on the sea screamer which is a very large speedboat, seating about 40 people, we coasted about looking for dolphins, when we found them the engines were turned up, so that the dolphins could play in the surf - we had 5 dolphins including 1 baby jumping abut behind the boat, it was amazing, we also got a bit wet which added to the fun. We have also done the evening sailing cruise to watch the sunset and that was good also

Snapper
10-06-2004, 05:15
Hi Polly,

Whatever you choose to do you'll have a blast and a week in Orlando is just going to leave you planning you 2005 trip the day you leave; then you week on the Gulf Coast is going to make you forget it all in an ultimate relaxation kind of way.

Personally I love Kennedy Space Centre, which isn't exactly off the beaten track or out of the ordinary; but if you take time to read some of the info plaques there and get involved with the exhibits the day just seems to evaporate. For something a bit different, try the tour around the old Cape Canaveral launch pads. It's a bit different and you get to feel so much closer to the history that happened there. You need to take some photo ID with you as the trip takes you onto USAF property. You'll get a whole lot of photos that are a whole lot different from the usual ones.

I'm out with the tribe the last couple of weeks in August so maybes we'll bump into each other near pad 39-C.

Have a great one, Steve.

gromit
10-06-2004, 14:44
Last time we were at the space center we then went to the Astronaut Hall of Fame. That was quite interesting and was on the way, no special trip needed. Shame they are not doing any lanches at the moment. We saw one from cocoa beach a few years ago - quite an unforgettable experience! I think even if you are not into that sort of thing it still grips you. [msnsmile]

PollyA
10-06-2004, 15:29
Thanks for all your welcome messages and all the ideas.

I really fancy the evening sea trip to see the dolphins, also the Screamer sounds fun.

Can't wait[8D]

gromit
10-06-2004, 16:53
Polly

Be sure to have a good time but when you get back let us know what it was like, might consider the evening sea trip ourselves sometime if you think it's good.