PDA

View Full Version : 3/4 Bed Villa Wanted soon!

Silver Dollar
09-06-2004, 13:37
Looking for a 3/4 bed reasonably priced villa (don't mind townhome etc) but MUST have it's own pool. Looking to rent for a month possibly more. 19 June - 24th July minimum (with view to extend possibly).

Would prefer development with excellent community facilities, i.e. Emerald Island, Glenbrook, Windsor Hills/Palms etc, esp. Wind. Hills/Palms.

Oh and must have internet facility.

Please contact me asap if you have availability.

Carla
09-06-2004, 13:55
Silver Dollar you need to send out your enquiry via one or all of the following sites:
www.orlandovillas.com
www.villasflorida.com
www.onlinefloridavillas.com

Forum rules do not permit villa owners to reply to you directly from the forum. Sending a request via the sites above will ensure that you only get replies from legitimate owners whose homes have been verified.

Have a great holiday.

Silver Dollar
09-06-2004, 14:14
Thanks but I did that yesterday and I only got one reply. Does that mean that there aren't any others available? If anyone has something which is suitable for me then contact Carla and see if she'll let you contact me! Times running out grrr[msnwink]

chrisj
09-06-2004, 14:25
It might mean the owners havent logged on since you entered your query, some could be
away etc

Carla
09-06-2004, 14:27
Did you send the enquiry out on all 3 sites?

Send out a General Enquiry on each site. That will go to ALL owners then, no matter what size home they have and will give you a better chance of finding somewhere. It's unlikely that at this late stage you will get a lot of choice as many homes will already be booked.

Have you also looked on the Late Availability pages of each site? If not, got to the sites and click on the Late Availability link in the menu and then you'll see if anyone is advertising your dates, or close to your dates.

Hope this helps.

Carla
09-06-2004, 14:30
Silver Dollar, I can't trace a General Enquiry with those dates, sent yesterday, unless I got one and just deleted it because I couldn't help. Send it again.

I've just had a look at what you requested too. You'll get a larger response, and get to see some wonderful homes, if you just put in the dates and that you want a pool, and leave out the other requests. There aren't any finished homes on Windsor Hills yet.

I just had a look at one of the Late Availability pages and found 14 homes with availability for your dates. I'm sure that you will find somewhere lovely.
:D:D:D

Silver Dollar
09-06-2004, 14:49
Ok I've done it from all those links Carla. I'll await replies thanks! But if in the meantime some sees my request, please ask Carla if it's ok to contact me. Thanks ever so!

Carla
09-06-2004, 14:52
It's not me who sets the rules Silver Dollar. It's done to protect you, the guest, from unscrupulous people who view these forums!!!! There have been problems in the past, and this is the forum way of trying to make sure that these problems don't happen again and that you are only contacted by people who are genuine.
:D:D:D:D

Silver Dollar
09-06-2004, 14:57
You said you put in the dates on 'late availability' and the search engine came up with 14 places. When I looked on late availability, it said 75 houses and they were all like 6 day deals or something. How did you put in the dates and get up the exact ones to match? Can you send me a link or something? Sorry to be so dumb.

Carla
09-06-2004, 15:49
Oops, sorry, it has only just registered that you actually wanted to stay in Florida for 5 weeks.

Your enquiry came through to me, so all other owners should also have received it.

Silver Dollar
09-06-2004, 16:07
You have anything vacant Carla? [8D]

Carla
09-06-2004, 16:49
No, sorry, I've been booked for ages. I think that wanting 5 weeks is going to be your biggest problem, at this late date, unless you can find a recently built home that hasn't been on the rental market for very long.

You might find it easier to find a home if you break the time down and ask for 2 weeks, followed by another 2 weeks and then a week! Just a suggestion and it will give you the opportunity to try new things and areas.
:D:D:D:D

The week with 4th July in, is very busy, as is the week from around 17th July.

I had a guest who wanted my home for a few weeks, I couldn't do it all, so they stayed with me for a couple of weeks and then stayed in another home. It worked well for them and they had a wonderful time.:D:D

Silver Dollar
09-06-2004, 19:15
It appears you are probably right, stupidly I thought I would be inundated with people emailing me but it's been less than a handful actually.

I'll just post on another thread and see if there is any joy but thanks tho' Carla.

blott
09-06-2004, 19:42
There's no point in posting a repeat in another section of the forum as exactly the same people will see it. I can guarantee that every Florida homeowner on the three OV.com sites checks their email regularly but some never visit the forum at all.

I have a feeling that a handful of people is probably about as many as you're going to get for your request as it's really short notice for the number of weeks you're requesting. Is there nothing suitable for you within that handful that you could at least rent for a couple of weeks and look for another home for the remainder of the time?

Silver Dollar
09-06-2004, 20:17
I guess you're right yup that's what I'm gonna have to but it's a bit tedious having to move every few days...I just wanted to chill for a few weeks. But I was surprised because with school holidays not yet underway I figured I would get more of a response really.

andrewmckay5
09-06-2004, 20:22
Look on the OV Gulf site aswell. www.rentalsgulfcoast.com If you do have to move a 2 centre holiday may be just the ticket.
andrew

Carla
09-06-2004, 20:47
School Summer holidays in America and Canada begin in late May/early June!!! So from towards the end of May until the first week in September it is really busy and most owners get booked up well in advance. Some may have the odd week, or odd few days left, but the vast majority would not be able to come up with a 5 week block for you now.

A lot of guests have already booked for Summer 2005 and Summer 2006.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Silver Dollar
I guess you're right yup that's what I'm gonna have to but it's a bit tedious having to move every few days...I just wanted to chill for a few weeks. But I was surprised because with school holidays not yet underway I figured I would get more of a response really.
[/quote]

Silver Dollar
09-06-2004, 21:10
Wow I've be moving so frequently I might as well book a trailer! [msnoo]

chrizzy100
09-06-2004, 22:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Silver Dollar
Wow I've be moving so frequently I might as well book a trailer! [msnoo]
[/quote]

It would be great fun moving to different homes I think..I'd book a week in the hotels at the different parks..... then I'd do 2 weeks in each villa.....:D:D