PDA

View Full Version : which villa

kims
09-06-2004, 10:23
Hi, I'm trying to decide between a villa in Lindsfield or Indian Point. Does anyone have any suggestions?. I'm going with parents and my 2 young sons9 5 & 8). Looking for close proximity to Disney, my sister and her family are staying in Disney. We will be doing so much outside of the villa that I think all I care about is a nice safe villa with our own pool and spa. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

chrisj
09-06-2004, 13:14
I know Indian point, its lovely and in my opinion far away enough from all the hussle of
the parks and traffic. Takes about 15 minutes to the parks

Lindfield, I dont actually know, but others may be able to give their opinions

Im sure ALL the developments are as good as each other to be honest.

nikkikk
09-06-2004, 17:21
Hi Kim

I can recommend Indian Point - we stayed in a villa there last summer and bought the villa next door. Its lovely and quiet yet soooo convenient for everywhere. Walmart 2 minutes away - 24 hour opening! You have all the community type things if you want them ie tennis courts, children's play area etc. I have 4 kids myself so am a fountain of useful information!

Best wishes
Nikki

nikkikk:):)

Rhosyn
09-06-2004, 21:58
I have Stayed at Lindsfield but not Indian Point . I found Lindsfield to be very quiet just off the 192 and close to Disney, Publixs and restaurants. We felt safe there Disney took about 10 minutes if I remember, Publixs is only minutes away, same for the restaurants. We enjoyed the villa and the community. Hope this will be of help but it is down to personal choice at the end of the day.
Beryl

Silver Dollar
07-07-2004, 07:20
I'd look at Emerald Island or Windsor Palms if I was you with kids of that age. Lindfields might be too quiet for them. Indian Point, isn't that on the road to Poinciana? I think I passed it the other day...nice location, dunno anything about the community tho, but the outside looks lovely

steph_goodrum
07-07-2004, 11:48
Silver Dollar
I was just wondering why you suggest Emerald Island or Windsor Palms. What in particular do they have that other communities don't that would make them better for children of that age.

huckleberry house
07-07-2004, 13:58
Silver Dollar

Id like to know why you mention them at all when the original post was asking for help to choose between Lindfields and Indian Point with no mention of Windsor Palms or Emerald Island !!
Nothing wrong with those communities, especially if a guest is after a holiday resort as opposed to seeing some real Florida and having some peace and quiet but please remember they dont suit everyones tastes or requirements.

Lesley

wilfy
07-07-2004, 16:19
The one thing that Sarah about indian point likes is that the 24hr super wal-mart is within walking distance.

I'm looking for a set off handcuffs next time we're out.:D:D

steph_goodrum
07-07-2004, 16:53
Wilfy
I wouldn't dream of walking to a 24hr Walmart anywhere......there is a limit to how much I can carry back in my hands......whereas the car boot...:D:D

domster
07-07-2004, 18:20
We initially looked at buying in Indian point. We were unlucky at the time as none were for sale. When we went round it was great.

Don't know much about linfields. sorry

DOM

Ann-Marie
We're off to Indian Point tomorrow - can't wait, it looks great. Will be shopping in Walmart at 8pm tomorrow evening - hopefully if we're not delayed. Looking forward to exploring the area round about!:D:D

Ann-Marie

amy
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by kims
Hi, I'm trying to decide between a villa in Lindsfield or Indian Point. Does anyone have any suggestions?. I'm going with parents and my 2 young sons9 5 & 8). Looking for close proximity to Disney, my sister and her family are staying in Disney. We will be doing so much outside of the villa that I think all I care about is a nice safe villa with our own pool and spa. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

[/quote]
I don't think you can go far wrong with any community, the vast majority of villas are kept tp a very high standard.very few dont have pools unless they where originally bought by locals to live in.As for spas, it is all down to the individual owner as to whether or not they chose to have one built during constuction, there is a tread live on the forum at the moment discussing the pro's and con's of having one built. We are all for them and opted for one as they are great to relax in after a hard day at the parks.

chrisj
07-07-2004, 18:24
Anne-Marie

Have a great time

SunLover
07-07-2004, 19:36
I am a Lindfield's owner, and as such, obviously biased [:p], but seriously, my advice would be to find out from your family exactly the type of vacation you are looking for.
Then simply go through the details of the two villas you are deciding between and choose the one that covers the most items on your subsequent wish list.

Where ever you stay, I hope you have a great vacation :D

Ann-Marie
07-07-2004, 19:40
Thanks Chris

When I'm arriving home a bit deflated - you will be off!

Hope you and the family have a fantastic time!:D

Ann-Marie

Lisa C
07-07-2004, 20:56
Hi Kim
I own a villa on Lindfields and the reasons why I bought and vacationed there are the same. The fact it has a mix between residential and rental homes gives it an atmosphere I didn't find in too many other places. I love my street it is America. I feel totally safe there along with many other people who return year after year and yet 10 minutes away is the most amazing entertainment you could ever ask for. Wherever you decide to stay I hope you and your sons have a really magical Disney vacation.

wilfy
07-07-2004, 23:00
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
Wilfy
I wouldn't dream of walking to a 24hr Walmart anywhere......there is a limit to how much I can carry back in my hands......whereas the car boot...:D:D
[/quote]

but she has hubby along to keep hold the parasol and any other items :D:D:D

Cowboy
07-07-2004, 23:27
Silver Dollar.
Kims has decided that she would like to stay at either Indian Pointe or Lindfields and specifically asked opinions on those two communities. Why go off at a tangent. We owners quite naturally like our own communities because that is why we bought there. My grandchildren (10,7,6 and 3) like peace and quiet after a day out or to just spend around the pool.
I am a little curious. Are you a booking agent for Emerald Isle and Windsor Palms[?]
Mike.

chrisj
08-07-2004, 00:02
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ann-Marie
Thanks Chris

When I'm arriving home a bit deflated - you will be off!

Hope you and the family have a fantastic time!:D

Ann-Marie
[/quote]

Cheers Anne-Marie

steph_goodrum
08-07-2004, 13:02
"but she has hubby along to keep hold the parasol and any other items

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's where I'm going wrong then Wilfy, I leave mine working on the villa....

sarahjk
08-07-2004, 19:22
Hi Kim

I have stayed on Lindfields it is a very nice community and very quiet with the right kind of distance from everything. Not to far and not near.
I have never stayed on Indain Point but have read all the reviews and they are good.
Like everyone said it is down to personal choice. All communities in Orlando are good in their own way and everyone will have a view on the ones they have stayed on, if all you are looking for is a villa that is safe with a pool and spa then you are on your way anyway just look through all the community info on this site if you PM me I can give you the name of a site which has a detailed map with each of the communities shown on it, it will give you a better idea of the distances involved I have found it invaluable when booking although I do have a rough idea now.

Sarah

pbensur
11-07-2004, 18:39
I agree that you really can't go wrong with any of the communities in the area - they are all terrific. I've heard wonderful things about Lindfields, though I've never been there. We're biased because our villa is in Indian Point - based on our own experience and the feedback from our guests, Indian Point is very safe, quiet and very conveniently located to everything.

Best wishes with your plans - I feel confident in saying that you won't be disappointed no matter where you choose!

Silver Dollar
13-07-2004, 22:54
Ok, had to re-comment. No I don't book for Emerald Island or Windsor Palms!!! I've just been here for quite a few years and stayed in quite a few places and am merely giving an opinion (for what its worth) on the places which impressed me, and the ones what didnt.

stabard
13-07-2004, 23:58
I have stayed near Lindfields and found it to be in a great location for Disney but had a longer drive to do some of the other stuff (I Drive etc). We have now stayed - and bought - on Eagle pointe, next door to Indian Pointe and we found the location to be lovely and quiet yet more in the thick of the action.

Either location I think you would still have agreat time[msnsmile2]